Maintenance Assistant (Materials Management - Bulk & Warehouse Inventory)
Maintenance Assistant (Materials Management - Bulk & Warehouse Inventory)-1702321
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Maintenance Assistants Maintenance Assistants use hand and shop tools to perform semiskilled maintenance and repair work on structures and equipment.
Qualified candidates should demonstrate excellent intrapersonal skills and time management skills. They should have attention to detail and be able to work with all levels of the organization.
Duties of a Maintenance Assistant may include the following but are not limited to:
- Manage and oversee B-Core Inventory and Warehouse.
- Control Bulk and Housekeeping inventory warehouse locations.
- Maintain warehouse integrity for safety and cleanliness, resolve as needed.
- Operate heavy, powered equipment (Hi-Lo, hand jacks, etc.).
- Maintain and enforce standard safety protocols throughout.
- Schedule, perform routine and preventative maintenance on powered and non-powered equipment.
- Oversee the break down & restocking of all incoming bulk inventory.
- Place stock to be stored in large and/or heavy cases on warehouse shelving.
- Check all stock against physical inventory to assure correct amounts vs. item location.
- Inspect and verify stock expiration dates and rotate inventory as needed.
- Fill requisition supply orders for the hospital and off-site locations.
- Deliver requisitioned supplies to the hospital’s Units.
- Assist front-end desk with nursing stat supply requisitions.
- Assist with performing daily Cycle counts and supply reconciliation.
- Oversee Bulk and warehouse inventory staff.
- Assist with conducting physical inventory audit of warehouse supplies.
- Assist with other duties, as assigned.
Two years of experience in maintenance or mechanical work under the supervision of a skilled trades worker or completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course.
Preferred Qualifications: Candidate should have a valid Powered Industrial Truck Operator Permit; knowledge of warehouse inventory protocols. Knowledge of Medical/Surgical inventory supplies, working knowledge of inventory reconciliation. Able to stand for long periods of time and capable of lifting over 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the trade or trades to which assigned.
- Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and regulations for the trade or trades to which assigned.
- Ability to read plans, specifications, manuals, and blueprints.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights on scaffolds and platforms.
- Ability to use the tools, machines, equipment, and materials of the trade or trades to which assigned.
- As assigned, ability to operate a motor vehicle.
When required to operate motor vehicles, candidates must possess a valid New York State Driver's License appropriate for the type of vehicle operated.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience working in a hospital setting and/or in the hospital industry. Possess excellent intrapersonal skills, time management skills, have attention to detail and be able to work with all levels of the organization.Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AThttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Job Field: Skilled Trades
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Supply Mgmt Services-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:00am - 4:30pmSupply Mgmt Services-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Aug 3, 2017
Posting End Date: Aug 17, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: As per civil service guidelines
Salary Grade: SG9