Digital Marketing Coordinator
Posting Date August 3, 2017
Position Title Digital Marketing Coordinator
Vacancy # V-1360
Department Graduate School
Division Academic Affairs
Under supervision of the Associate Director for Technology, the Digital Marketing Coordinator supports the University and The Graduate School in achieving key institutional objectives, among them:
- Growth in the quantity, quality, and diversity of student enrollment.
- Enhancement in the quality and scope of student academic and professional achievement.
- Support for interdisciplinary programming and inter-unit cooperation.
- Expansion of external relationships, including the development of partnerships to enhance academic programs and their reach, and to increase the resource base of the University.
- Improving administrative and resources support to faculty and students to achieve The Graduate School's strategic mission.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is directly charged with the management of The Graduate School's CRM product (Ellucian CRM Recruit) and web presence. With the goal of increasing graduate enrollment revenue, she/he will be responsible for the management of online inquiries from prospective students, and working in concert with University Communications, create and implement digital strategies following industry best practices.
- Create and coordinates all digital communication on behalf of The Graduate School via CRM software and the University's website.
- Cultivate and track prospective student database (both suspects and prospects). Create content to strategically engage prospective student populations through all stages of the admissions funnel.
- Manage The Graduate School's search engine optimization and e-mail marketing to maximize exposure among target audiences.
- Collaborate with University Advancement to develop and implement technology-based marketing strategies to promote on-campus events.
- Create online content to communicate the intrinsic value of a graduate degree from Montclair State University by capturing the authentic experience of both current graduate students and alumni.
- In conjunction with Recruitment unit, implement communications campaigns to promote both virtual and on-campus Information Sessions to teach prospective students about the application and admission process.
- Manage relationships between The Graduate School and lead generation vendors.
- Maintain The Graduate School's daily presence on social media platforms, including content development and interaction with both internal and external constituents.
- Create and administer survey tools to accurately evaluate effectiveness of prospective and current student events.
- Function as a liaison to University Communications to ensure website is maintained in accordance with University guidelines.
- Tracks and evaluates the effectiveness and ROI of all recruitment and outreach activities for both prospective and current students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in a related field, master's degree a plus; a minimum of 1-2 years of higher education experience, preferably within marketing and communications. This position requires experience with online marketing initiatives, including pay-per-click and search engine optimization; social media; CRM productions, excellent written and oral communication skills and proficiency in web technologies (HTML and CSS understanding a plus). Demonstrated success in prior roles and a proven commitment to diversity are also required.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION