Instructional Support Specialist
Posting Date August 3, 2017
Position Title Instructional Support Specialist
Vacancy # V-1361
Department Academic Affairs
Division Academic Affairs
This position will support the direct instructional design aspect of faculty resources specifically in business education. The Feliciano School of Business has invested heavily in valuable educational tools of which we need our students to be exposed to. Doing so will provide our business students with all educational opportunities in making them as educated, experienced and marketable in the vast business industries.
The incumbent will:
- Be a direct resource to business students in such systems like, Bloomberg terminals, Nvivo, Qualtrics, WRDS, CompuStat, AuditAnalytics, Stocktrak, SAP, CRM, etc.
- Be a direct resource to all business school students and faculty regarding the use of tools to assist in instruction, research, program development and student outcomes.
- Utilize industry instructional design
- Contact, consult with, and motivate students and faculty in utilizing business education tools
- Troubleshoot, problem solve issues, prioritize time and set clear boundaries
- Collaborate with Instructional Support Services staff and university resources on problems
- Design, develop, and plan ID workshops for students and faculty
- Evaluate educational design theories for application to a variety of program and department needs
- Pursue new technologies and identifies opportunities for use and implementation on a regular basis
- Have an interest in evaluating and suggesting current and emerging technologies in order to enhance course design, delivery and student retention.
- Have ability to train one-on-one and in a group setting in a collaborative and professional way using multiple modalities
- Be proficient with multimedia and word processing skills on both PC and Mac platforms
- Be familiar with graphic design, audio, and video elements and software as they pertain to on-line course design and delivery are necessary
Requires skilled use of business education tools is highly preferred. High proficiency with course management tools such as Canvas, Blackboard, Sakai, Moodle, etc. Canvas preferred.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor's degree in instructional design, information technology, education, or related field. Master's degree can substitute for experience to the extent of equivalence of work. A Masters degree in Instructional Design, Instructional (Information)Technology, or other related discipline is preferred. Demonstrated project management and effort tracking skills. Ability to monitor and report out on course development process. Ability to analyze data and communicate trends and issues. Must be service oriented and possess the ability to build collaborative relationships. Ability to work independently to solve problems in enterprising and proactive ways. Self-motivated and organized work attitude necessary. Communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) must be at a professional level; must be able to work effectively with multiple constituencies in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Work experience in an higher education environment focused on student, faculty and staff support is preferred.
Experience with Quality Matters, Applying the QM Rubric certificate preferred.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION