Coordinator, Off-Site Education Programs
Posting Date August 3, 2017
Position Title Coordinator, Off-Site Education Programs
Vacancy # V-1354
Department CEHS Dean’s Office
Division Academic Affairs
Under the administrative direction of the Director, is responsible for providing instructional oversight and curriculum support for faculty and students in the MAR P-3 programs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide principal academic oversight of all MAR P-3-related programs.
- Collaborate with Director to explore and initiate new off-site partnerships.
- Establish and execute ongoing marketing plan to recruit students into program.
- Recruit and hire faculty to teach in program; collaborate with program faculty in curriculum design and revision efforts
- Assign off-site MAR P-3 faculty teaching assignments each term and ensure faculty members are provided with the necessary course materials where applicable.
- Establish cooperative and collaborative working relationships with university offices including The Graduate School, Registrar, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Center of Pedagogy
- Liaise with the Center of Pedagogy and department faculty to ensure compliance with State and accreditation regulations.
- Observe, and maintain direct contact with, faculty so as to monitor the quality of program delivery.
- Facilitate observations for MAR P-3 students at their respective schools.
- Advise prospective students; review student applications; make acceptance decisions
- Develop partnership network with P-3 schools and centers
- Collaborate with MAR P-3 program staff in the thorough examination of student degree audits to ensure fulfillment of all requirements for completion of degree.
- Evaluate role of mentors and current Clinical I component of program
- Initiate, organize and attend promotional events at various locations, such as Open Houses, Information Sessions and related marketing or public relations functions.
- Establish frequent lines of communication with Admissions Counselors and Academic Advisors to ensure these positions maintain a general understanding of program requirements in order to relay accurate information to prospective and current students.
- Maintain detailed and updated records of faculty, students and leads on prospective students.
- Coordinate course schedules for fall, spring and summer semesters. This includes new starting cohorts and continuing cohorts for programs at all off-site locations.
- Research and implement grant, scholarship, and funding opportunities for P-3 MAR students
- Provide appropriate representation/coverage for Director in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master's degree
- Experience in a P-3, K-12, or community college setting strongly preferred
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Proactive, detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative environment
- Strong technical skills
- Banner experience preferred
- Occasionally requires evening or weekend work to support program
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION