Requisition # 2017-7847
Department VP for Finance and Treasurer
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 8/3/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Executive Assistant provides high level, proactive, responsive, and effective executive-level administrative support to the Vice President for Finance and Treasurer, and serves as a central resource for administrative and operational management in the division of Finance and Treasury.
The successful candidate will have proven ability to develop and maintain a professional, collaborative, and spirited office environment. The position requires someone with solid and confident decision-making skills and outstanding judgment, high energy and enthusiasm, and the ability to function effectively and independently. It is essential for this executive assistant to be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and tact. In addition s/he must possess the ability to establish priorities, work with minimal supervision, work well under pressure, anticipate schedule demands, and meet deadlines
Provides administrative support to the Vice President for Finance and Treasurer
- Manages a complex schedule and prepares materials for meetings and follow-ups.
- Prepares materials for Board of Trustees' meetings and provides support in communicating with the Board of Trustees.
- Acts as a liaison and office representative with trustees, senior administrators (including President, Provost, Executive Vice President, etc.) and the general university community.
- Drafts correspondence and replies as appropriate to phone, paper or electronic inquiries on behalf of the Vice President.
- Independently manages incoming requests to the office of the vice president by determining priorities, in addition to researching, responding or delegating responses as appropriate on behalf of the vice president.
- Coordinates scheduling and agendas for F&T Senior Leadership Team meetings as well as other campus meetings sponsored by the Vice President.
- Prepares meeting materials and follow-up documents to assist the vice president in accomplishing objectives, deadlines and commitments.
- Maintains office files, both paper and electronic
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the vice president and campus visitors,
- Manages special events and retreat logistics.
Serves as a resource for Finance and Treasury special events and projects
- Plans and implements Division sessions led by the VP including Leadership planning sessions, semi-annual Division meetings, “Coffee with Carolyn,” “Dollars and Donuts,” etc.
- Participates actively in organizational initiatives and projects.
Acts as a central resource for administrative and operational functions of the Office of Finance and Treasury
- Serves as a central point of contact for administrative support activities and provides coordination of administrative support staff.
- Manages the need for temporary administrative assistance and supervises temporary administrative support employees.
- Develops processes and protocols for administrative and organizational effectiveness.
- Three to Five years of high level administrative support experience
- High level of proficiency with desktop computing tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio and with system applications such as PeopleSoft
- Experience supporting a senior-level administrator, preferably in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated strength in critical thinking and in identifying system solutions for evolving business needs
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities
- Facility with both strategic thinking and planning with tactical implementation and execution
- Facility with basic accounting concepts
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in higher education
- Knowledge of Princeton and Princeton's administrative structure
Please submit a cover letter as well as a resume as part of your application process.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.