Event Coordinator & Faculty Assistant
Requisition # 2017-7844
Department Oper Res and Financial Eng
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 8/3/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Department of Operations Research & Financial Engineering (ORFE) is seeking a motivated individual for our Events & Faculty Assistant position. Reporting to the Department Manager, this position manages the numerous events, visitors and researchers throughout the year. This position is also responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to faculty and other staff as needed.
This position requires a flexible schedule during periods of high volume. This role may require adjusting daily hours to accommodate visitor schedules or to manage events outside the normal work day.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a deadline-oriented environment with competing demands. This individual must be able to manage and prioritize multiple, on-going projects while maintaining the highest quality of professionalism.
Department Events Coordinator
- Primary contact for event support and university services. Responsible for the coordination and administration of department events, conferences and workshops and all department weekly seminar series' and special seminars.
- Serve as the centralized resource for event consultation and coordination. Primary contact for outside speakers and department visitors. Coordinate speaker lodging & ground transportation, and visitor's meeting schedules.
- Arrange appropriate venues, coordinate receptions, banquets, refreshments, lunch and dinner arrangements.
- Manage registration process and guest accomodations throughout an event.
- Manage publicity (event's webpage, emails, posters, lawn signs etc).
- Process payments, invoices, honorariums and guest remibursements through Prime Financials and Concur.
- An Active member of Events Coordinator Campus Group - Attend and participate in monthly meetings and information sessions.
Faculty and Department Support
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to faculty members assigned and their respective research staff.
- Prepare travel and expense reports for faculty using Concur.
- Provide backup support to the department office and student affairs when needed
- Complete special projects as assigned by manager
- Four to six years of related administrative experience;
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal customer relations, oral and written communications, organization, and problem solving skills.
- The individual must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high level of attention to detail.
- Individual must have the demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to perform duties normally associated with arranging meetings and other events, including the ability to spend reasonable periods of time standing and walking.
- Administrative experience in academic setting;
- Experience working with modern web content management systems;
- Knowledge of Princeton University business applications.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.