Outreach and Enrollment Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Outreach and Enrollment Specialist
Position #00001619 - Requisition #10589
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Outreach &Enrollment Specialist position
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking an Outreach and Enrollment Specialist for a full-time position with the University Of Colorado College Of Nursing at its Sheridan Health Services clinics, in Denver, CO 80236. This position will be responsible for assisting patients in navigating/enrolling in Colorado Health Insurance Exchange, Medicaid plan, or assessing eligibility for the clinics' federal fee discount program. Additionally, the position will be actively engaged in outreach in the community and with local organizations. Services will encompass both pediatric and adult clients.
Clinic Description: Sheridan Health Services (SHS) is a multi-site, nurse-managed federally qualified community health center, funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Primary Healthcare; and is a collaborative effort between the College of Nursing and the Sheridan School District. There are now ~40 employees at two convenient locations to serve community health needs primarily for residents of Sheridan, Englewood, and North Littleton. A school-based clinic is located in the Sheridan School District Administration building. The community health center is located on the Fort Logan campus in southwest Denver and provides services to adults. Services offered include primary care across the lifespan; prenatal and postpartum midwifery care, gynecology, dentistry, pharmacy, behavioral health, and outpatient substance abuse treatment. We extend the reach of the clinics through public health outreach where nursing students provide community outreach, health education, and home visitation services. http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/nursing/clinical-practice-community/PatientServices/Sheridan/Pages/Home.aspx
Examples of Work Performed:
- Engage with the community by participating in community events, engaging with local schools and recreational centers, and outreach to the community-at-large.
- Assist patients and families to navigate the various enrollment processes. Serve as a patient advocate in enrollment and health-related initiatives.
- Access protected information to help patients and community members enroll in various public and private plans.
- Track all connections made and applications processed in order to complete both state and federally required reports.
- Collaborate internally and externally to find resources for social services, pharmacy, and other assistance programs.
- Perform routine clerical work in support of clinical activities including scheduling appointments, assisting patients, and entering data into computer.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position starts at $32,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- High school diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of the CO Medicaid program
- Experience with public and private insurance plans/programs
- Experience working with healthcare systems/services and/or experience with community organizations, social services, and public resources
- Experience in planning and implementing projects and coordination of events
- Bachelor's degree, with a background in public health, health education, communications, or related fields
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (read, write, speak fluent Spanish/English)
- Prior health center experience
- Familiarity with electronic health record (EHR) systems a plus
- Current BLS/CPR certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when circumstances necessitate, including some evenings and weekends
- Understand and Ensure strict compliance to and adherence with Medicare and Medicaid enrollment regulations and related University & Clinic policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Stay current with health insurance eligibility requirements
- Comfortable doing public speaking and making presentations
- Ability to handle confidential material in compliance with HIPAA standards
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and diverse socioeconomic situations
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with patients and team members of all skill levels
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, as well as independently, when needed
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite of products
Special Instructions to Applicants:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin August 17, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Aug 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: College of Nursing Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: CON.HR@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00001619