Data Analyst for Housing Facilities Services
The Data Analyst for Housing Facility Services is a full-time, 12-month professional exempt position that is responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of data collection; and analysis, interpretation, and presentation of analysis in support of Housing Facilities Services (HFS) operations. Activities performed include data mining, descriptive and inferential statistics on large data sets, benchmarking, and setting process controls. Presentations of data analysis and related recommendations are made to multiple constituencies within HFS and on occasion to constituencies throughout the university. This position participates in process improvement projects as a team member.
Who we are:
Housing Facilities Services is the unit within HDS that has responsibility for efficiently and effectively providing clean, safe, secure, maintained and environmentally supportive existing and new campus residential facilities in support of the Universities' academic mission. A staff that is well-trained, motivated, professional and engaged is vitally important for the success of our mission.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Data Analysis, Visualization, and Reporting
- Data mining - analyze data from varying perspectives, summarize it, and turn it into useful information.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all HFS operations, processes, systems, and facilities.
- Use MS Excel and data analysis software such as Power BI to translate data and turn it into actionable information.
- Present results and recommendations to various constituencies.
- Write/create reports with appropriate context to ensure understanding amongst audiences of varying familiarity with data and analytic techniques.
- Expand and improve data collection methods.
Metrics and Benchmarking
- Create, maintain, or improve data models to track key performance indicators and non-financial indicators for HFS.
- Benchmark performance of HFS departments against industry standards and similar universities to include the PAC 12.
Organic and Cross-Functional Process Improvement Projects
- Assist HFS team in the development and implementation of process improvement based on data analysis.
- Support strategic planning.
- Develop procedures, work instruction, and performance standards related to data analysis and reporting.
- Participate on project teams.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $53,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be effective. Be innovative. Be resourceful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Two years of experience in data mining and data analysis in a customer facing operating environment.
- Advanced data modelling in MS Excel.
- Experience using Power BI or similar interactive data visualization software.
- Experience with gathering business requirements.
- Experience in Statistical Process Control.
What you will need:
- Experience with Descriptive and Inferential statistics.
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently to analyze data sets and draw conclusions.
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience in Design of Experiments.
- Balanced Scorecard.
- Experience in R, Minitab, or other statistical software.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the work activities of cross-functional teams.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 17, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10353.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Aug 3, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 17, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00708695