Professional Temporary-Health Care Technician II
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs invites applications for a Medical Assistant. This is a half-time Professional Temporary position.
The Medical Assistant will aid providers by performing front office and back office administration duties and handling basic clinical tasks.
Examples of Work Performed:
Back Office Duties
- Assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the RN and/or provider
- Interview patients, measure vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height).
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records system.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping rooms neat and clean.
- Stock medical provider treatment rooms with products and supplies at least once daily.
- Prepare and administer medication as directed by provider.
- Explain treatment procedures, medication, and providers' instructions to patients.
- Help providers with patients, handing them instruments and materials for performing tasks.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Assist as chaperone in escorted procedures as indicated.
Front Office Duties
- Responsible for front office first impressions and building relationships with the patients.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at front office or clinic.
- Perform general office duties at the front desk such as answering telephones and scheduling appointments for patients.
- Perform excellent customer service skills checking patients in and out using the EMR system and receive payment for services.
- Call clients confirming appointments.
- Record all information into the EMR system patient records.
- Excellent organization, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to remain calm in crisis/emergency situations
- Complies with all applicable patient privacy requirements and maintains patient confidentiality at all times
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.24
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- High School diploma
- Basic Life Support verification through the American Heart Association with card in-hand before start date and current through 30 days of hire
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office and HER Systems
- Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such as RMA, CMA, CCMA, or NCMA
Special Instructions to Applicants:In preparation for completing your application, have you attached your cover letter and resume? In order to submit your application, you will be required to attach these documents.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by August 17, 2017, will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.ccu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Aug 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deborah Tuffield
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00736668