PeopleSoft Security Administrator
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
This position provides operational support for all aspects of Enterprise Application Security activities. This includes project and release management for application security items, as well as operational maintenance for application security items. This position must not only effectively conduct this work, and also proactively identifying opportunities for improvement, and leading the implementation of those improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Authorization Development: Configures and maintains security roles and permissions in all Enterprise Application environments, specifically for PeopleSoft HCM, Finance, Enterprise Portal, CRM and Campus Solutions applications. This includes operational, project, and continuous improvement related activities.
- Supporting Account Management and Provisioning Processes: Provide analytical and operational support for account and access business processes and for continuous improvement to various Identity and Access Management processes
- Escalated Account and Access Troubleshooting: Provide top tier troubleshooting support for account and authorization issues
- Broad Engagement: This position will coordinate with other IT units, application security approvers, and other stakeholders
- Access Management backup: Support manual account creation and provisioning processes. This work provides backup for the Access Management staff.
- Providing Information for Audits
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of relational database systems and SQL experience
- Understanding of access management and authorization best practices
- Experience with business process analysis, gathering and/or writing functional requirements, and testing
- Analytical thinking and creative problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
What we Offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $75,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- 3+ years support of enterprise systems in a large and distributed organization
- 3+ years PeopleSoft security experience and proficiency including, but not limited to, User Profile Management, Roles and Permission Lists, Query Security, Row Level Security, and PeopleTools and Application Specific security configuration
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, HCM, Finance, Enterprise Portal, and / or CRM experience
- Experience with security in PeopleSoft upgrades or implementations
- Experience with Identity Management systems such as Oracle Identity Manager or Sun Identity Manager
- Self-motivated, creative, highly organized, team player with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage time effectively
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Thursday, August 17, 2017. Those who do not apply by August 17, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by August 17, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Aug 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00736770