University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
This position exists to provide essential consultation to UIS and management regarding PeopleSoft modules; review and analyze maintenance and enhancement requests; analyze complex processes to define system enhancements and modifications; provide technical application support to system end users; code, test, and implement batch and online computer software; provide technical support to other internal staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is technical in nature and has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Development work, troubleshooting, and production support in a 24x7 environment
- Gather and analyze requirements to create technical designs to recommend and implement system enhancements and/or process improvements for business applications projects, including development of new applications and customizations to be integrated with existing applications
- Develop, test, debug, modify, and document enterprise application systems
- Assist campus liaisons, key users and business process owners by answering technical application questions and resolving reported software and data errors. Instruct key users on the proper use and function of application programs by participating in meetings in which PeopleSoft functional and technical expertise is needed. Provide technical support for production services when needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Expand professional, technical skills and expertise by acquiring knowledge in new technologies and system development procedures and tools by attending technical classes, seminars, and end user groups
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, a candidate will need the following:
- Experience with Oracle databases and the ability to identify and troubleshoot report performance issues and ad-hoc query analysis
- Experience in applying Tax Updates and PUM (selective adoptions)
- Expertise with Dashboards, Work Centers, and Fluid User Interface technology
- Technical documentation skills such as writing TDDs, flow charts, and BP Diagrams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Who We Are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $85,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline (professional experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement)
- 4+ years of PeopleSoft development experience
- 4+ years PeopleTools experience including Application Engine, Component Interfaces, Peoplecode, App Package, AWE, and IB
- 2+ years of experience with large scale projects, enhancements, upgrades and production support
- Expertise with general configuration concepts related to the HCM modules such as - Core HR, Benefits, Absence Management, T&L, Commitment Accounting
- PeopleTools 8.5X (Including Fluid tile creation, configuration, and maintenance, XSL transformations, Pagelet Wizard)
- Experience working in an institution of Higher Education
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Thursday, August 17, 2017. Those who do not apply by August 17, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by August 17, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Aug 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00736749