IT Specialist I
IT Specialist I
IT Specialist I
TAMS-Dean's Off - 143100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some weekends and evenings
The Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science (TAMS) is a unique residential Program for high school-aged Texas students who are high achievers and interested in mathematics and science. While living on Campus in McConnell Hall, students in this two-year program complete a rigorous academic curriculum of college coursework at the University of North Texas (UNT). Instruction is by University Faculty. There are no high school courses taught, but students enjoy many of the activities of high school and the company of age mates who are intellectual peers. The Honors College is dedicated to enriching the undergraduate academic experience for the more than 1,900 talented, motivated, and well-prepared students who choose to be members. The goal of the Honors College is to help these students build an excellent foundation that prepares them for studying at the graduate level, establishing a career, and meeting the demands of responsible citizenship.
The TAMS/Honors Dean's Office Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an IT Specialist I to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide support for desktops, printers, TAMS/HC networked devices, and other computing efforts by the TAMS/HC Information Technology Services team.
* Assist the IT manager with monitoring servers, technology deployment, and system administration responsibilities.
* Direct day to day coordination with TAMS and HC programs (all departments) and the Management Services IT infrastructure.
* Directly involved with deploying and supporting desktops and users.
* Serve in an operational capacity for systems provisioned by TAMS/HC.
* Serve in a backup and on-call role for the areas of direct operational responsibility.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree in related field and two years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Basic knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience with Drupal, database management, Active Directory and group policy managment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting