Help Desk & Client Services - 370005
The Help Desk and Client Services Department is the central place to go for any computer-related issue. The certified technicians will address any computer questions over the phone, in person, or via email. The customer support team also works with other Information Technology Services (IT) teams and academic areas on technology projects and endeavors.
The Help Desk and Client Services Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an IT Specialist to join their team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
* Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
* Familiarity with a wide range of standard office automation products.
* Experience in hardware, software, network troubleshooting, basic operating system functionality or equivalent training and/or education is extremely beneficial.
* Customer service experience is preferred.
* Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Information Technology Services staff members, teams, and their services to the client community.
* Provides support in various ways including answering questions via phone, email, or in person; troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, communicating policy, and troubleshooting printer issues.
* Determines the most effective manner to resolve the customer's technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consults with other Information Technology Services staff when necessary.
* Records required customer and problem information in the ITS work order system, updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution information upon completion of the work.
* Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
* Provide night and weekend support on call as scheduled or as needed.
* Conduct configuration, installation, maintenance and documentation of computers, software, printers and associated resources.
* Performs other duties as assigned
Department Specific Responsibilities:
* Answering customer questions by phone, email, and in person at a satisfactory level.
* Entering and maintaining work orders for incidents and requests in a timely manner.
* Basic troubleshooting of hardware, software, network, and operating system problems.
* Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers.
* Represent Information Technology Services in a professional, respectful, and courteous manner.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to maintain job performance and focus under pressure.
* Ability to maintain effectiveness for extended periods in a fast-paced environment.
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide high level of customer service.
* Customer service experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled