Assistant Director/Crisis Director
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
Assists the Director in management of Counseling and Psychological Services. Coordinates with campus partners in cases where care is outside the scope of Counseling & Psychological Services. Performs evaluations, diagnosis, and psychotherapy for the most difficult and complex cases. Provides leadership for and participates actively in urgent care and after hours on-call schedules. Responds and guides and supports other clinicians in response to campus emergencies and crisis situations. Actively supports mental health outreach efforts; and serves on University committees. Counseling & Psychological Services is a Student Health and Wellness Services department and shares the mission to raise awareness and facilitate action in developing lifelong health and wellness practices by UC Riverside students.
Demonstrated knowledge of behavioral health counseling methods and techniques, crisis intervention, treatment planning and case management.
Knowledge of business software, specialized applications and EHR systems used in behavioral health centers/clinics.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a complex, challenging environment.
Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Ability to organize operations in an efficient and effective manner.
Strong knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
Verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate. Demonstrated active listening, persuasion and counseling skills.
Advanced skills associated with conducting the most complex diagnosis, problem-solving, and critical thinking. Ability to conduct the most complex analysis, develop and present recommendations, findings, and determine appropriate course of treatment.
Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to work with diverse student, staff, and faculty populations.
Understanding of both clinical and development issues confronting university students. Ability to implement comprehensive preventive, developmental, and remedial services to address these issues.
Skills associated with program development and implementation.
Demonstrated ability in providing outreach programs in areas of specialty and general mental health and wellness topics.
Ability to exert influence on policies and programs of significance.
Advanced knowledge of a specific counseling domain.
Demonstrated ability in program planning, design, and management; demonstrated creativity and innovation in program and service development.
Knowledge of professional standards, relevant laws, and accreditation standards for Counseling Centers, and ability to interpret and apply these standards and laws to operations.
Working knowledge of human resources management practices and policies.
Demonstrated supervisory skills to guide behavioral health providers on treatment methods.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview