Salary: $45,624 - $65,436
Title: Development Assistant
Category: Management and Professional
Department: CNAS Dean's Office
Date Posted: 08/03/2017
Position Information: Under the supervision of the Dean's Executive Assistant and in support to the Office of Development, the Development Assistant will gather information from a variety of sources in support of fundraising and alumni and constituent engagement for the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS). She/he will manage day-to-day operations including timelines, budgets and special events, and provide administrative support to the College's Development Officers, including calendar management, telephone and office coverage, incoming and outgoing correspondence, and other development business processes. The incumbent will engage in professional interaction with donors, scheduling and support of various types of meetings, fundraising and stewardship events, and development communications. She/he will provide technical and logistical support for all aspects of donor constituent management with a strong focus on stewardship of donor supported funds and support of individual departments in their stewardship, and fundraising efforts. The incumbent will also provide support to the dean's office event staff as needed.
Minimum Requirements: Administrative support experience, including strong organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgment, and the ability to discern when action of a higher level is required.
Demonstrated expertise utilizing Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word & Excel. Demonstrated skill and experience in creating spreadsheets and reports using appropriate software application.
Demonstrated skills in maintaining complex calendars for multiple high-level individuals using web-based calendaring software.
Operational experience with Publisher, PowerPoint and Internet.
Experience prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner under the pressure of deadlines and interruptions.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, active listening, critical thinking, multi-tasking and time management skills.
Demonstrated skill and experience writing clear, concise and grammatically correct correspondence and meeting minutes as needed.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills to professionally interact with faculty, staff, students and donors. Ability to provide information and direction to a diverse population in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Ability to work in an environment that requires a high level of confidentiality.
Demonstrated experience working independently and as a member of a team.
Preferred Qualifications: Five (5) years of administrative experience in an academic and/or advancement environment.
Demonstrated experience with UCR on-line systems.
Operational experience with Raiser's Edge.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview