Administrative Specialist II
Posting Number C895P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/21914
Working Title Administrative Specialist II
Position Number 11886
Department Walton College of Business
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.br/>
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page http://walton.uark.edu/
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Administrative Specialist II will serve as the Global Engagement Office Manager. The job duties include administrative support for departmental staff as well as participating faculty and students; manage front office staff; provide travel support; budget and finance maintenance; complete reports; process paperwork; support department events; manage office website with limited administrative support for two other units in the suite.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- At least two years of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed
Applicable equivalencies may be considered.
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- University of Arkansas systems experience (e.g. BASIS/Razorbuy)
- Bookkeeping/procurement experience
- Customer service - minimum of six months experience
- Experience working in an office setting
- Previous study abroad/international experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics
- Knowledge of work-related subject area
- Knowledge of computers and software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form
- Ability to establish and maintain filing systems
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work efficiently with adherence to deadlines, be self-directed and/or take direction
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes., The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, etc).
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Walton College of Business
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C109
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? No
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 08/17/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
Jason Campbell, Walton HR Manager
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Finalist may be asked to submit a writing sample and complete computer-based spelling/grammar, MS Word, MS Excel, and/or MS PowerPoint testing.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have experience using University's BASIS (other than TimeClock) or Razorbuy systems?
- Neither system
- BASIS only (not counting Time Clock)
- Both BASIS and Razorbuy
- Please describe any bookkeeping or procurement experience you may have.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please identify your time/experience with customer service.
- Less than six months
- More than six months but less than one year
- More than one year
- Please identify your years of work experience in an office setting.
- Less than one year
- More than one but less than two years
- More than two but less than three years
- Three or more years
- Do you have previous study abroad/international experience?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status