8AM - 5PM
$45,624 - $65,436
University Extension is the continuing education branch of UC Riverside. Human Resources and payroll services are performed centrally for all departments within University Extension, which includes over 650 employees in a variety of staff and academic roles. The Payroll/Personnel Assistant provides clerical/administrative support for personnel and payroll services in University Extension. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources for University Extension, the position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to the organization. Responsibilities include responding to routine management and employee requests regarding payroll or other personnel related issues. The position provides general employee information and monitors payroll and employment related information, providing reports as necessary. Prepares payroll information for processing and submits tickets to Citrus Shared Services (CSS) for processing. Works with CSS to follow up on payroll/personnel related transactions. The role also functions as help desk support for employee access to Extension and UCR applications and provides general office support to the HR Director.
Four (4) years of related experience.
Must have experience processing payroll.
Experience working with confidential information and maintaining privacy.
Experience coordinating a front office.
Must have experience with MS Office, or similar word processing, spreadsheet and calendaring applications.
Experience working on multiple tasks with competing and frequently changing priorities while staying organized.
Must be an analytical thinker who works to understand problems and offers solutions in the best interest of those involved.
Must be a skilled communicator who adjusts communication style based on audience.
Must successfully pass DOJ & FBI background investigations.
Bachelor's degree in business, finance, human resources, or related discipline.
Experience with campus applications - TARS, PPS, iRecruit, SuperDope & HRDW.
Experience working in a higher education setting.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview