Exec Asst to Vice President
Working Title Executive Assistant- Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion
We are currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant for the Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion. This position will coordinate and provide confidential, executive level administrative assistance and support to the Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion. This position will assist with the Vice President's Office operations. Duties will include administrative and clerical duties, work on special projects, providing independent analysis, and working with various campus constituents by providing administration and management for relevant activities.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3 years administrative support experience, to include scheduling, preparing correspondence according to professional standards, filing systems maintenance, and public interaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and flexibility
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of tools, including Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Experience taking notes/minutes and supporting committees.
- Strong customer service commitment, to include ensuring a welcoming environment for students and other visitors to the office.
- Ability to learn calendar scheduling and email program tools, such as Outlook.
- Ability to learn and manage division's website and other social networking tools.
- Ability to work productively under tight deadlines.
- Interest in serving a college population and in contributing positively to student development.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with diverse groups of students, staff, and community members in a college or university setting.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Bachelor's degree any field
Other Skills and Abilities: