Associate Director of Alumni Outreach
Based in Atlanta, this position is responsible for managing the Office of Alumni Relation's affinity groups, specifically the Women of UGA Council and the Young Alumni Council. This position is responsible for promoting active engagement through friend and fundraising strategies in an effort to increase alumni participation. The Associate Director for Alumni Outreach manages volunteer training sessions, recruits volunteer leaders, and leads the marketing effort in collaboration with university departments. This position implements and execute plans to engage targeted alumni groups in order to increase alumni participation, and will oversee event and activity outreach through these affinity groups. This position assists in the oversight of board activities and activities associated with honorees of the Bulldog 100 and 40 Under 40 programs.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related development experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience/training.
- Develop a strategy and annual goals for targeted alumni outreach and affinity engagement.
- Lead volunteers in coordination and implementation of Women of UGA Council and Young Alumni Council initiatives, setting annual goals and training volunteers throughout the year.
- Research and develop best practices for affinity engagement and implement plans, setting an annual calendar of events in place in alignment with strategic goals.
- Coordinate alumni affinity engagement with alumni chapters, student programs and schools and colleges across campus.
- Lead outreach initiatives and communications in order to build affinity among alumni such as with 40 Under 40 and Bulldog 100 honorees.
- Act as a primary contact for honorees
- Coordinate weekly communications to honorees leading up to recognition events
- Serve as outreach team point of contact for the 40 Under 40 Giving Challenge Committee
- Lead and assist with events as assigned including signature events logistics and initiatives
- Provide staff support to identified volunteers on the UGA Alumni Association Board of Directors and committees; assist with board activities as assigned
- Regularly update the GAIL system with interactions and notes regarding alumni contact
HOW TO APPLY:
Search job posting number 20171221
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.