Northwestern College, an institution of higher learning with regional accreditation, provides a solid, career-focused education in some of the fastest-growing professions. As Chicago’s first private business college, founded in 1902, we are an educator and employer of choice in the Chicagoland area. Supportive faculty and staff dedicate their skills and work collaboratively to make a difference in the lives of our students that is professional, practical, and proven.
The highly motivated individual who would find satisfaction in supporting the College’s financial policies by supervising the accounts payable/receivable systems, maintaining the general ledger system, and providing timely reports for the entire organization will find a great opportunity as Controller at Northwestern College. In this important role, your work will allow you to:
- Play a key role in developing, monitoring, and evaluation overall business strategy with the President and leaders of the business units with emphasis on bottom line performance
- The Controller will be responsible for developing and executing a sustainable financial model for the College that anticipates and responds to the opportunities and challenges inherent in the contemporary higher education environment.
- Oversee the management of operating budgets and financial reporting, development of forecasts for the College that accurately anticipate risks and opportunities including return on investment and opportunity cost analyses for new and current academic programs as well as for other institutional initiatives.
- The Controller will provide direction, coordination, planning and evaluation of all business office, financial aid, accounting and bookstore activities of the College. The Controller will ensure that the accounting department is accessible and user-friendly with open and effective channels of communication with faculty, students, and other administrative units.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA required or Master’s degree in related field
- A minimum of five years of senior administrative experience in finance and business, preferably in for-profit higher education.
- Colleague experience desirable
- Prior fiscal responsibility
- Expertise in financial management, accounting, strategic planning, budgeting, internal controls and regulatory compliance in the for-profit sector.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and advanced Excel knowledge
NC fosters a work environment where innovation, service excellence, and teamwork are a part of everyday life. We offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Paid time off away from work
We encourage you to share with us your expertise! Email resumes or fax to 773-326-0957 – please be sure to include “Controller” in the subject line.
Visit us at: www.nc.edu