Specialist IV, Instructional Support (17000416)
Specialist IV, Instructional Support (17000416)
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607
Under limited supervision, acts as an expert in assigned area of instructional support with a focus on tutoring and learning labs. Provides tutoring assistance, advice and information to students in regards to assigned subject/area. Implements and directs processes and procedures to facilitate program, including directing others who may/may not be direct reports. Ensures that all System policies and practices surrounding assigned area are implemented and carried out correctly by others.
1. Works directly with faculty to help develop, implement and revise tutoring and learning lab activities. Assists faculty members with general course related activities as needed
2. Assist in the development of administrative processes that support instruction and students in assigned area
3. Coordinates and supervises delivery of tutoring services and/or learning labs. May provide tutoring to students as needed
4. Facilitates study groups and conducts workshops with students to enhance academic success and tracks attendance
5. Works with faculty to track success of instructional support area
6. May be responsible for maintaining and coordinating equipment inventory for classroom and staff use and delivering materials and equipment to and from sites as needed
7. Participates in department and college meetings, committees and task forces as required
8. Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use software products
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to document and track expenses
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required to interact with subordinates and direct/coach work efforts
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills
Hiring Salary is $30,233
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma and at least 5 years of related work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous tutoring experience in specific discipline (ESL/Adult Ed/Math & English)
- 2 years supervisory experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacations days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.