Director of Development - Corporate and Foundation Relations
Classification Title: Director of Development – Corporate and Foundation Relations
Division: University Advancement
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, The Director of Development is charged with establishing a successful corporate and foundation relations development program. This position will lead development efforts, developing effective strategies for cultivating and stewarding corporate and foundational donors and prospects, capable of making major gifts ($25,000+) in support UWG’s institutional priorities.
Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in fundraising/development, recruitment, marketing, sales or related field. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build rapport with prospects from diverse backgrounds. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment, possess a strong energy level and work ethic. Must be able to think strategically and work proactively with little supervision.
• Maturity, intelligence and professionalism that earn the respect of colleagues, volunteers, and donors.
• Strong leadership abilities.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent presentation skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
• Team player.
• Tolerance for ambiguity.
• Collegial and service-oriented.
• Well-refined organizational skills.
• Demonstrated initiative and creative energy.
• Entrepreneurial skills.
• Negotiation and persuasion abilities.
• Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
Salary $58,548 minimum - $83,856 midpoint
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Some lifting may be required. Occasional travel, nights and weekends is necessary.
Does this position require any special certification/ license? If yes, please specify:
Valid drivers license.
Notice to Applicants:
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.