Electrical Controls Engineer
POSITION: Electrical Controls Engineer - RobotWorx (Based in US)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor (RobotWorx)
To further develop the RobotWorx products by increasing the support of customers by providing assistance across the product range for both onsite and in-house service, support, spares, repairs, and training. Also expected to build/ maintain the customer relationship and Scott reputation as a quality and trusted automation solutions provider.
This position requires focus on current RobotWorx projects. The position is based out of our Marion Ohio facility. Tools and training specific to the equipment and environments will be provided.
- As per current policy.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Integrate Industrial Robotic work cells per the Customer's Specifications
- Must be very familiar (with at least two) Fanuc, Motoman, Kuka or ABB; the four manufacturers that RobotWorx conducts business with
- Ensure projects are executed in the most effective manner in regards to time, cost (budget), quality, and function
- Clear communication with management and the shop leadership on issues that arise
- Develop and implement quality improvement or cost reduction initiatives (standards)
2. Onsite Equipment Installation, Client Training and Customer Support
- The ability to design, diagnose, modify and repair electrical control systems.
- Panel building and wire PLC controllers
- Troubleshoot and design ladder-logic applications and PLC hardware.
- Skills within Allen-Bradley PLC's required as well as fluency in RSLinx and RSLogic
3. Be Team Oriented
- Punctuality and a consistent work ethic
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and customer focused
- Being self-motivated, teachable, confident, thorough, and professional
- Able to collaborate as part of a team and independently, including hands on assistance when required
4. Local 5S practices, and site sustainability
- The Robot Technician will be expected to ensure our worksite meets 5S standards and assist with the management of Inventory, Spare Parts, and other Equipment.
- Safety awareness for yourself and for your co-workers
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures
5. Reporting and Documentation
- Preparing service reports as necessary.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Willingness to share their knowledge with other team members to encourage development, supporting the one-team supportive environment
- Documenting time sheets during the course of the work day
- Keeping accurate and up to date records on all aspect of work done, using existing documents and processes
- Travel away from home (domestic or international) will be expected with consideration given to frequency of travel and exceptional personal circumstances that may exist.
- Travel may be required at short notice.
7. Physical Demands
- Must be able to remain standing 50% of the time. Must be able to sit in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Needs to frequently move about inside the production floor to assess machinery, converse with supervisor, respond to customer, etc.
- Needs to frequently stoop, kneel, or crouch down when servicing the machinery.
- The person in this position sometimes communicates with other employees and supervisors. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Continuously moves equipment weighing up to 25 pounds across the maintenance and/ or production floors or at a customer facility.
- Occasionally moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across the maintenance and/ or production floors or at a customer facility.
- Occasionally, with assistance, move equipment weighing more than 100 pounds across the maintenance and/ or production floors or at a customer facility.
- Must have the ability to adjust focus (work duties that require the ability to adjust the eye to bring into sharp focus at various distances or focal lengths).
8. Work Environment
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts (spinning shafts, engines, lifts, etc.)
- Occasionally, alongside the use of proper PPE, work with fumes or airborne particles (painting, sanding, solvents, flying lint or dust particles, etc.)
- Occasionally, alongside the use of proper PPE, work with toxic or caustic chemicals (including potential for chemical spills, etc.)
- Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (not weather-related, such as greenhouse, carwash, etc.)
- Frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock (live electrical wires, equipment that retains power after shutoff)
- Occasional Vibration (jackhammer, soil compactor, equipment that creates high vibrations, etc.)
- To keep up to date on Scott Technology Ltd practices and policies with the company publishing notice of applicable changes and amendments as required.
- To comply with Worksafe procedures to meet both legislative and standards as communicated by the company and consistent with the companies Health & Safety Management system.
- Where appropriate, to manage company compliance as required by legislation or best practice.
- To ensure their own personal career development and that of the team is encouraged with attendance at appropriate educational courses and training organisations. In particular, will achieve and maintain appropriate expertise in people relationships, employee motivation and effective management.
- Will be involved and support the Group's Continuous Improvement Programme to ensure we deliver high quality products and services in less time. Involvement will typically be within improvement project teams or kaizen events as a team participant or team leader.
Technical Skills and Experience
The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for robotic system integration, PLC and robot programming, motor controls, trouble-shooting, and customer training.
- Four-year degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience or training required
- Must be fully trained on use of the robot and controller, including all software options
- Experience with robotic vision systems is a plus
- CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with PLC's is a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Electrically qualified to understand, fault, find, and service 480V 3 phase electrical equipment
- Self-motivated, confident, able to conduct training in small groups. Proficient and professional verbal and written communication, including group training
- Microsoft Office, Sales Force, Remote and other software applications
- Able to operate workshop machinery with personal safety awareness
- Commercially aware of costs and sales opportunities
At Scott we automate the future. The automated production and process machinery we design and build deliver productivity gains and exceptional reliability to many of the world's leading manufacturers. We also go a step beyond engineering production solutions to actually revolutionizing entire industries - using robotics to automate manual processes and create genuine competitive advantage.
For over 100 years Scott has looked to tomorrow and rapidly responded to shifting needs. Today, we have production bases in the United States, China, Australia, Germany and New Zealand, customers in 88 countries, 400 staff and a real commitment to developing new technology and bringing it to market. Our parent company, JBS, is the worlds largest protein company and worlds second largest food company. Across everything we do you will discover true quality, advanced engineering and a renowned design aesthetic.
Please copy and paste this link into your web browser to explore the different opportunities available within Scott Technology: https://youtu.be/5Ara2F8GAvg
Sat, 15 Jul 2017 08:05:46 PDT