Administrative Services Coordinator
Job Title: Administrative Services Coordinator
Job ID: 24192
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 1035, Range 2
Department: University Housing Services
About the Position
Reporting to the Conference Coordinator, the Administrative Services Coordinator assists with administering the Conference Housing Program, a comprehensive program providing summer and academic year student, conference group and guest housing services for approximately 5,000 to 7,500 individuals annually. The Administrative Services Coordinator oversees the Housing Student Mailroom, assists with Access card management, and completes special projects by providing administrative and clerical support for the Conference Housing program and University Housing Services. Working under general supervision, the Administrative Services Coordinator also oversees the UHS Space Reservation process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with the coordination and day-to-day operations of the academic year and summer Conference Housing Program to include guest housing and conference groups.
- Assists with negotiating contracts and schedules, use of guest rooms, meeting spaces and other housing facilities for 40 to 60 summer programs and academic year groups. Collaborates with representatives of each conference group to identify event and guest needs, develop plans, and determine services required.
- Serves as contact person for inquiries, requests and reservations from campus and outside communities regarding academic year and summer conference housing services. Maintains collaborative relationship with campus departments to facilitate requested services (including Dining and Classroom space, athletic fields, Aquatic Center and Student Union).
- Provides crisis intervention by utilizing training to provide crisis response to campus housing students and guests, which can range from making a referral to intervening in a life-threatening situation.
- Remains accessible and able to respond appropriately, in person or otherwise, to urgent or emergency situations that arise on weekdays, weekends, holidays and after business hours.
- Assists with recruitment, selection, training and supervision of student staff positions (13-21 conference student assistants; 3 student conference lead positions; 2-4 summer interns; and 2 administrative student assistants).
- Coordinates all aspects of the current department residential mail system for up to 4,100 residents.Assigns and un-assigns all mailboxes and ensures mail delivery.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24192.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.