Plant Supervisor II
Responsible for working with the District and/or Division Manager on all aspects of the ready mix plant site including safety, environment, operations, sales, maintenance, inventory management, performance, quality, financial performance, employee relations, plant's image and community relations. The Plant Supervisor II is an operations professional who is working with understanding the value of planning and works closely and effectively with safety, environment, sales, credit, and customer service, performance, finance, and Human Resources. Additionally, this position is accountable for the efficient use of financial and physical resources associated with the assigned concrete plant which are required to produce the quality and quantity of Ready Mix concrete and for the generation of budgeted profits.
- Achieve annual revenue target by actively managing cost and production issues in the designated market.
- Ensure efficient operation of the concrete plant.
- Ensure optimal operation and maintenance of all fixed and mobile equipment.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment by implementing all related Company policies.
- Assist in hiring personnel that will be best suited to meet our goals and handle all personnel concerns.
- Represent the company in internal and external activities and events.
- Management of raw materials to ensure a balance between cost optimization and meeting customer needs.
- Manage all Direct reports to achieve success.
- Administer employee relations policies as necessary.
- Review driver's daily vehicle reports and monitor hours for DOT compliance
- Participate in the selection, training, evaluation, and progressive discipline of personnel
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by management.
Education: Associate's Degree preferred
Experience: Three (3) years' experience working in the production of ready mixed concrete preferred Previous experience driving ready mix concrete trucks preferred
License: Valid Class "A" or Class "B" commercial driver's license preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to work effectively following all plant safety policies and safe work practices
- 5 years progressive experience working in the Ready Mix industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Solid computer skills working with applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, SAP, Great Plains
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the position
- Self-starter with sound judgment, positive attitude
- Ownership Mentality: Assumes responsibility and makes decisions within own level of authority
- Self-Motivated: Initiates and takes action before being required to do so; demonstrates ability to work under minimum supervision
- Strong Work Ethic: Uses time efficiently and ensures job duties, issues and concerns are handled in a timely, appropriate manner
- Integrity: Maintains high ethical standards
- Customer Focus: Takes responsibility for customer relationships and appropriately represents our company
- Communication Skills: Communicates clearly verbally and in writing; listens carefully in an open, candid, and consistent manner
- Team Player: Establishes trust with team members, clearly stating expectations and accountabilities of self and others; recognizes the importance of high group morale and acts to protect or build as necessary; collaborates with others to address issues as necessary
- Problem Prevention/Solving: Able to proactively identify and solve problems and enlist the help of others as needed
- Leadership: Must be able to effectively provide guidance and direction in regards to both projects and staff
- Attendance: Adheres to Company policies in regards to attendance and punctuality
This position requires knowledge and awareness of construction and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires ability to work at multiple sites and varying start times dependent on business needs. Some overtime and weekend work required.
Argos USA is a high-quality cement and ready-mixed concrete company serving North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Texas, Florida, and Arkansas. A proud history of innovative products, unparalleled expertise and exceptional customer service has made us an integral partner to our customers in residential, commercial, infrastructure and other public works applications.
We support our customers' drive for sustainable building solutions with eco-friendly concrete products and expertise on requirements for LEED certification of buildings using concrete construction.
We are amongst the largest ready-mixed concrete producers in the United States, with a capacity of nearly 10 million cubic meters per year. We have over 300 concrete plants concentrated in two geographic areas. In the southeastern part of the U.S., we operate in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and portions of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Virginia. In the south central part of the U.S., we have operations in the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth markets in Texas and Little Rock, Arkansas.
We are also one of the largest cement producer in the southeastern U.S., producing 3.2 million metric tons of cement per year with facilities in Texas, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, and North Carolina. Argos has five rail terminals (three in Georgia, one in Mississippi, one in North Carolina); and terminals with port facilities in Mobile, Alabama; Houston, Texas and Wilmington, North Carolina.
Hilton Head, SC
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 10:49:06 PDT