Chief Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator
Manhattanville College is seeking a Chief Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator. This position reports directly to the College’s President. The Chief Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, and enforcement of a comprehensive compliance program to promote an organizational culture that encourages ethical conduct, adherence to all College policies and procedures, minimizes enterprise risk, and seeks to prevent and detect illegal conduct through due diligence. In addition, s/he will also serve as the institution’s designated Title IX Coordinator.
The Chief Compliance Officer has overall responsibility for the College’s compliance program. Working with senior management and other employees and in close cooperation with the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees, outside College Counsel, and Human Resources, the Chief Compliance Officer strives to:
- Ensure that the College has policies and procedures reasonably designed to satisfy existing or new legal obligations.
- Ensure that the College has procedures aimed at detecting and remedying compliance problems and risks, including methods for employees to “report or seek guidance regarding potential or actual” illegal conduct without fear of retaliation.
- Identify and address significant compliance risks by conducting compliance gap analyses and risk assessments and providing compliance resources and guidance.
- Ensure the College has practices and systems to communicate key policies and other relevant aspects of the compliance and ethics program to affected employees.
- Communicate new and proposed policies directly to the campus community.
- Assist senior management and others in promoting and enforcing the compliance program.
- Plan, organize and conduct periodic reviews in collaboration with constituent divisions, departments and units.
- Provide regular compliance reports to the Audit Committee and senior leadership.
- Develop and conduct educational and training programs that focus on the key elements of compliance programs so that appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of institutional policies and pertinent federal and state standards.
- Direct the preparation of short and long term strategic and operating plans pertaining to the College’s compliance program.
- Develop an ongoing campaign to heighten awareness of the College’s compliance program, thereby creating a compliance culture as well as to disseminate information and collect employee feedback.
- Develop, conduct and oversee internal reviews to assess compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure adequate records are maintained to document compliance efforts.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Respond to Title IX and other compliance-related government inquiries/investigations as the College’s principal first point of contact.
- Oversee the continuous monitoring of the compliance program and develop on-line training programs for management and faculty.
- Member of the College Cabinet.
Title IX Coordinator
- Serves as the Title IX Coordinator for the College.
- Coordinates Manhattanville’s efforts to comply with Title IX, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act, ADA, and all applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct (including sexual assault and inappropriate sexual conduct), domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
- Oversees Manhattanville’s response protocols for responding to complaints or reports of harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and retaliation that relates to these matters and identifies and addresses any patterns or systemic problems revealed by such reports or complaints.
- Serves as the institutional custodian of all Title IX, harassment, discrimination, sexual violence and Clery Act reports and compliance records for internal and external reporting purposes and works collaboratively with other departments across the institution to ensure compliance and accurate data collection.
- Oversees Manhattanville’s prevention and education efforts related to sexual violence, harassment, and discrimination in all Manhattanville programs.
- Oversees compliance by the Department of Public Safety and officials in other Manhattanville programs with the Clery Act and the Department of Education’s Handbook for Campus Safety and Security Reporting, including requirements relating to: compilation of data for annual security reports, public daily crime log, annual fire report, and reports of missing students.
- Oversees the drafting and implementation of all policies and procedures related to harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, ADA, and other related policies in connection with all Manhattanville programs and ensures that Manhattanville’s policies comply with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Works collaboratively with state and federal agencies to provide information and/or respond to external investigations related to the College’s handling of harassment, discrimination, and sexual violence matters.
- In consultation with Manhattanville’s legal counsel, monitors legislation to ensure prompt compliance with Title IX, VAWA, Clery and federal/state anti-discrimination laws.
- Maintains awareness of the latest developments and current best practices related to sexual violence prevention and response at other colleges and universities.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master’s degree; at least 5-8 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- J.D. would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills and
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret applicable state and federal laws and regulations relating to unlawful harassment, discrimination, sexual violence, ADA, affirmative action, Title IX, Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act, and Clery.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, identify opportunities and take action to build effective cross-departmental relationships to achieve institutional compliance goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, administrative, organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance systems and controls
- Knowledge of the goals, objectives, structure and operations of an independent college.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze, summarize, and effectively present data.
- Ability to oversee and assess the handling of investigations, adjudications and outcomes under Manhattanville’s harassment, discrimination and sexual violence policies.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Ability to serve the needs of a diverse campus community.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Apply for Chief Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly