Financial Aid Counselor/Assistant Director
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Senior Associate Director, the financial aid counselor/assistant director performs a variety of activities to administer federal, state and institutional aid funds. This person will package and disburse student aid; meet with students and their families during personal visits to the financial aid office, at special events and in presentations in the community. This person must be detail oriented, understand complex information systems and have excellent communication skills.
- Meet with students and their families on both specific and general financial aid issues who visit the Office of Financial Aid
- Respond to emails and phone inquiries both rapidly and with great care and detail to resolve student issues
- Attend and present at special events when needed for both NDNU enrollment and for the Office of Financial Aid
- Contact students with high balances to offer financing alternatives
- Maintain excellent knowledge of both PowerFaids and Jenzabar student information systems.
- Create and update financial aid packages
- Serve as specialist in one or more assigned areas including, but not limited to: Direct loans; alternative loans; Pell Grants; Cal Grants; packaging; data support; community outreach; financial literacy; verifications; consortium agreements; study abroad
- Attend CAFSAA and other professional conferences as needed at the request of the Director
- Maintain knowledge of financial aid regulations and best practices through reading of the FSA handbook, verification guide, CSAC website and other sources
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid or Director of Financial Aid