Microcomputer Hardware/Software Coordinator
Support hardware and software for PCs, MACs, iOS devices, Android devices, tablets, printers, scanners, switches, wireless devices, and other devices required by staff and departments in CANR. Support and maintain proficient knowledge of software and systems used in CANR including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Microsoft Lync, Adobe Connect, Microsoft SharePoint, Skype, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Avaya one-X Communicator, Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection, Microsoft Windows Update Server, Quickbooks, project management software and ticketing software. Review, recommend and manage Microsoft Group Policies for organizational unit maintained by CANR. Test, document, and train end users on new products and system features. Administer equipment, hardware, and software installs or upgrades for end users.
Maintain best practice documentation for installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices. Work with CANR system administrators on product rollouts, migrations and upgrades. Management of server applications for updates, ticketing, system configuration, printing, and other applications used for enduser support. Conduct research on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of user requirements. Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for end user resource administration and appropriate use. Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights. Recommend, schedule, and perform application and hardware improvements, and upgrades.Unit Specific Education/Experience
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing two or three years of college, technical, vocational or business school in computer science or programming and one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in applications programming and microcomputer hardware/software systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Education/Experience
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Ability to conduct research into networking, computing issues, and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Direct experience supporting iPads, tablets, Android phones, iPhones, Windows phones and Blackberries.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008 and Microsoft Server 2012.· Working knowledge of routing, switching and networking principles.
· Data recovery and system forensics.
· ArcGIS, SAS, SPSS System Administration.
· Certifications: A+,Network +, MCP.
· Experience leading projects or project teams.
· Experience with Apple Mac OSX deployments.
· Experience with Mobile Device Management software.
· Working knowledge and experience with data encryption.
· Working technical knowledge of PC operating systems, including Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Apple OS.
· Working technical knowledge of computer networking, firewalls, switches, and wireless technology.
· Working technical knowledge of best practices for implementation of secure and reliable endpoints.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Administration and Microsoft patch management.
· Working knowledge of performing need assessments to improve technology adoption and growth.
· Entry level project management experience.
· Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
· System deployment and operating system imaging using Windows Deployment Services.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Previous end user support in a call-center and walk-up repair environment.
Bidding eligibility ends on 8/8/17 at 11:55 PM.