Assembly Line Leader - 1st Shift
Midland Metal Products is a fourth generation family owned and operated fabricator of sheet metal, wire, and tubing. We have been serving the point-of-purchase display industry for 90+ years by dealing exclusively with point-of purchase display agencies, while never soliciting retailers or brand marketers.
Our 100,000 plus sq. ft. production facility is centrally located along main shipping routes in Chicago, IL. Our unmatched industry expertise guarantees an understanding of custom requirements such as compressed timeliness, flexibility, and the ability to deliver on shorter, more specialized, as well as longer run projects. It all begins in our award winning model shop, where we take pride in our quick turnaround of prototypes with the intention of providing our customers with the quality service they expect.
On the shop floor, Midland Metal continues to invest in the latest technologies such as Laser, CNC, and Robotics, with the intention of providing our customers with the quality service they expect.
Finally Midland has full assembly, fulfillment, painting, packing, and shipping capabilities both domestic and international.
The Line Lead position has the primary responsibility for overseeing a production line within the Packing, Assembly, Paint and Shipping area to ensure maximum productivity and quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Previous Packing & Assembly Experience
- Must have Leadership/supervisory Experience
- Experience setting up assembly lines
- Knowledge of single piece flow
- Knowledge of using work orders as a guide to job specifications & requirements
- Responsible for inventory control, tracking of customer products & components
- Motivate employees to maintain maximum production line efficiency and meet daily goals
- Ensure that the completed products meets all specifications outlines in the Work Order and complete quality checks.
- Accurately maintain paperwork
- Properly and effectively communicate with other managers/departments
- Other duties as assigned
Wed, 2 Aug 2017 12:49:03 PDT