Director, Corporate & Foundations Relations
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development, the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations has responsibility for creating and implementing strategies with the objective of maximizing engagement and support from corporations and foundations. The Director identifies prospects, initiates and maintains relationships, develops proposals and coordinates visits, financial reporting and other stewardship activities. The Director collaborates closely with the Office of the President, the senior administrative team and members of the Hamilton faculty.
- Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for new and previously identified corporate and foundation prospects.
- Focusing on College priorities, build partnerships with faculty and senior leadership team to identify funding opportunities that match corporate and foundation interests.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain contacts with corporations and foundations with funding interests that align with College priorities.
- Prepare proposals and coordinate interactions between representatives of the College and the corporation or foundation representatives.
- Consults with gift officers regarding challenge grant opportunities and development of donor proposals.
- Work closely with the Office of the President, Director of Faculty Grants, Office of the Dean of Faculty, VP for Administration & Finance and the Business Office to coordinate efforts and effectively steward gifts.
- Prepare budgets, work plans, proposals and stewardship reports in conjunction with affiliated proposal partner.
- Travel as needed to meet with corporate and foundation liaisons as part of an effective relationship management plan; as necessary, coordinate travel with the President, members of the senior administration, faculty or other College representatives.
- Monitors the progress of the proposal process once initiated.
- Prepare acknowledgments for all gifts received through the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Stewards and prepares required reports for all Corporate and Foundation grants.
- Works closely and meets regularly with the Director of Sponsored Opportunity Programs.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Five to seven years experience in development, marketing, corporate relations or similar field.