Director, Sponsored Program Grants
Reporting to the Vice President Academic Affairs/Dean of the Faculty and a member of the Dean of Faculty’s office, the Director of Sponsored Program Grants supports the mission of the College by seeking and stewarding external funding for priorities and initiatives put forth by academic affairs and for faculty research projects. The Director researches and cultivates funding sources; assists faculty in writing, editing, and submitting proposals; maintains compliance with federal administrative requirements and costing principles, state regulations, grantor restrictions, and College fiscal policies; oversees all aspects of proposal administration, sponsored program agreements, and contract negotiation with external agencies; reports to or assists in the development of reports to private and government agencies, undertakes special assignments as required; and, works collaboratively with the Advancement Office and the Business Office to ensure a timely and systematic proposal and reporting process.
- Manage the sponsored research program, including all Pre-Award, Contracts, Post-Award, and Reporting activities.
- Broaden relationships with faculty members, teach internal grant writing workshops, and oversee the proposal development process, to include review and editing proposals and the reviewing and approving of budget proposals.
- Develop and implement post-award policies and procedures to insure compliance with state and federal regulations. Analyze the impact of federal regulatory changes on the institution and lead the development and implementation of policies and procedures in response to new regulatory requirements. Continually review and update information pertaining to changes in federal regulations, specific agency requirements, and procedures for administration of funded awards.
- Maintain all institutional on-line accounts with various state, federal, and private grants submission and management portals and modules and serve as the Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR)/Signatory Official for grants and sponsored research/programs contracts.
- Maintain all institutional accounts with regard to certifications and compliance, to include IRB, NY Grants Gateway, NY State Controller, and the federal System for Award Management (SAM).
- Process all payments, check requests and supplemental salary requests for sponsored programs. Provide program/project management support.
- Serve in an ex-officio capacity on campus committees related to external funding. This includes the Institutional Review Board, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, Research Misconduct Committee, and the nascent
- Continue to manage institutional relationships with state and federal elected officials, focusing on increasing the visibility of the College in Washington and Albany.
- Works closely and meets regularly with the Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Manage the office budget and supervise staff and student interns.
- Master's Degree or equivalent
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively with College stakeholders, including administrators, faculty, staff, students, governmental agencies, and other prospective funding sources
- Evidence of excellent written and oral communication skills
- Terminal degree
- Three years' experience in sponsored programs administration
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience managing a small office
- Active Certified Research Administrator (CRA) Certification