Senior Quality Engineer - $5,000 signing bonus
Are your skills being fully utilized?
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer with extensive problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building strong customer relationships, methodically applying problem solving tools to eliminate defects, and the ability to mentor members of the quality and manufacturing team.
MTD is a rapidly growing engineered products company. For us there is no "typical part" so we are not looking for your typical quality engineer. If you have exceptional skills in the area of quality engineering and problem solving, and you want to work for a company where your skills will be fully utilized and appreciated, then contact us today.
A $5,000 signing bonus will be granted to qualified new hires. Incumbents shall develop new quality standards and establish programs for implementing and monitoring Customer and Supplier quality requirements acting as liaison for problems and concerns. Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. Must be proficient in problem solving, product development centering around risk assessment (IE: failure modes and error proofing).
1. Plan effective product acceptance procedures including inspection instructions for
incoming, in-process, and final inspection/audit and gage and testing equipment.
2. Prepare Customer ISIR / PPAP for new, take-over, and die only projects
assuring all Customer approvals obtained.
3. Provide quality support to Design, Tool Build, and Manufacturing ensuring compliance
with all quality requirements.
4. Maintain a regimented Problem Solving schedule for ensuring timely Identification of root
cause(s), permanent corrective actions (focusing on preventative actions where ever possible),
and timely responses communicated per customer requirements. Maintain status log with on-going follow-up on required actions, and providing summary reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
5. Evaluate returned product and provide appropriate corrective action.
6. Maintain and control the Nonconforming Hold Area for timely and valid disposition of
nonconforming or suspect material.
7. Implement quality improvements reducing total cost of quality in manufacturing.
8. Monitor, revise, and implement quality system procedures and instruction establishing
training programs for Associates as required.
9. Provide process control measurement required by Customer and manufacturing processes.
10. Research changing technology and develop new quality and reliability techniques as
11. Collaborate with Associates and Engineers from other departments researching new
processes and improving existing processes, tooling, and equipment.
12. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
13. Promote team approach to problem solving as Team Leader, Member, or Coach
troubleshooting operational issues on a daily basis.
15. Develop and/or aide in the development of Standardized Work Instruction for consistent
16. Analyze and revise control plans and inspection sheets considering tool
design/build to determine characteristics that can actually change eliminating time wasted
checking characteristics that cannot change.
17. Drive reduction of process/dimensional variation.
For 50 years, Middleville Tool & Die Company (MTD) has been exceeding the goals of our customers in a wide range of industries. From our humble beginnings in 1966 when Founder, Forest Middleton started the business with $7,500 worth of equipment, to the 120,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility Middleville Tool & Die is housed in today, we have evolved into a world class engineered products organization.
MTD has always been driven by innovation and strategic partnerships that has allowed us to make revolutionary products for our customers. Manufacturing isn't a static industry. It requires a certain respect and knowledge of understanding when a process isn't as efficient as it can be. It's this very respect and know-how that MTD has carried for the past 50 years and will continue for the next 50 years.
Founded in 1966, the employees of Middleville Tool & Die Co. can enjoy an established track record of innovative designs and excellent service provided to the customer base for almost 50 years. MTD specializes in VAVE activities, stamped tubular product development, prototypes, progressive die & transfer die manufacturing, metal stampings, assembly, robotic MIG welding, robotic plasma welding, robotic TIG welding as well as resistance welding operations. We will continue to advance and grow in the automotive, office furniture, and appliance marketplace by using proprietary and patented manufacturing processes
Wed, 2 Aug 2017 12:37:22 PDT