ASSOC DIR-OPERATIONAL OPTIMIZATION, DCRI
ASSOC DIR-OPERATIONAL OPTIMIZATION, DCRI
Quality Assurance & Regulatory Complianc
Who We Are:
As the world's largest academic clinical research organization and part of the Duke University School of Medicine, the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) is known for conducting groundbreaking multinational clinical trials, managing major national patient registries, and performing landmark outcomes research. We are dedicated to advancing clinical research by promoting innovation, education, scientifically designed studies, and operationally efficient clinical trial conduct.
Consult with DCRI leaders and staff throughout the organization on our operational optimization and process improvement system that drives our business transformation efforts in support of our mission: "To develop and share knowledge that improves the care of patients around the world through innovative clinical research to provide value to patients by increasing population health, improving the experience of care, and reducing per capita cost." Implement strategies and programs to optimize satisfaction and morale. Establish systems and accountability for maintaining clearly defined job descriptions. Develop and monitor forecasts regarding workload volume and make recommendations.
- Lead and facilitate process improvement projects, support strategy deployment, and contribute to the development and implementation of improvement programs and technologies across the organization.
- Develop and implement workflow and operational processes.
- Develop appropriate operational plans.
- Monitor progress and performance of clinical research and operational projects to ensure compliance.
- Identify operational problems.
- Establish and oversee appropriate quality control activities.
- Ensure that SOP's are developed and complied for all appropriate activities.
- Represent operational optimization as required in internal compliance audits, sponsor audits, and regulation audits.
- Provide consultation and assistance to operational optimization leaders and team in developing strategic plans, goals and objectives.
- Keep abreast with emerging developments and trends.
- Provide operational guidance and support.
- Lead/drive process improvement and business transformation projects across the organization using agile planning/execution principles and process, and process improvement tools and methods with minimal oversight, including assessment, planning, and execution.
- Identify and assess project dependencies, obstacles, cross-project/cross-functional intersects, problems and opportunities on assigned projects, etc., and develop plans for handling, communicating, resolving, and escalating.
- Collect and analyze data, maintain results and assist in preparing reports to support decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Is able to translate data into meaningful information, make conclusions, and shape work.
- Provide input in the development and use of cost standards, budgetary forecasts for operating and capital expenses.
- Drive and support a culture of continuous improvement to advance DCRI business transformation efforts in support of our mission.
- Consult to and coach project teams and others at DCRI on the application of agile and lean principles to solve organizational problems.
- Establish effective working relationships & manage communications with project team, stakeholders, sponsors, and others as appropriate.
- Direct project team staff as necessary.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
2211 ASSOC DIR, DCRI
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in nursing, pharmacy, or other allied health care discipline; Prefer Master's degree or other post- graduate training in a clinical discipline or business/health care administration.
Minimum of 8 years in clinical research. Previous personnel management and supervisory experience.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Strong analytical, oral and written communication, and technical writing abilities, relationship management, consulting skills, as well as flexibility and proficiency with technology.
Experience implementing process improvement projects and coaching and/or consulting on process improvement best practice, methods, and tools.
Experience working in and leading teams in an agile/lean environment or framework.
Success in managing and achieving results across an organization.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.