Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a full-time experienced Web Developer.
The Web Developer will work closely with Marketing and our software application team to coordinate, plan, and maintain content and programming of Southwestern Michigan College’s public website and internal portal. Ensure that the web site is easy to navigate and complies with current and future requirements and best practices in order to meet the marketing, departmental and student needs. The Web Developer will report directly to the Executive Director of Computing Services/CIO. The Web Developer’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Design, develop and maintain functional and appealing internet/intranet/portal solutions and content for student, employee and departmental needs while improving the efficiency and design of the site.
• Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements and Southwestern Michigan College system policies on website usage, security, access, content, user privacy and standards.
• Participate in the development of and integration of graphical and multimedia content components into the website, including audio and video.
• Ensure all links and basic functions are working, web pages have a consistent look/feel, and monitor site traffic to help scale capacity to meet traffic demands and performance expectations.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement enhancements and modifications to college’s website, hardware, and network as needed to keep up with best practices and standards.
• Associate’s Degree in related field from an accredited college or university and five (5) years relevant work experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited college or university and three (3) years relevant work experience.
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
• Content Management Systems such as Drupal, Liferay
• Web access security pertaining to E-Commerce applications and content management access
• Ability to develop and implement project plans.
• Strong PC skills including familiarity with both PC and Mac platforms.
• Have strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with responsive and adaptive design is preferred.
• Solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and application trends
• Ability to work on a team and individually
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to review material for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Posting Number 20110586
Job Category Staff
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Inside Higher Ed
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- MI Talent
- MCCA Website
- The Ladders
- Michigan Center for Nursing
- Indiana Career Connect
- Employee Referral
- SMC Website
- SMC Job Alert Email
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree or higher?
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Optional Documents