Mechanical Designer - Design Engineer - Product Designer
Exciting opportunity for a talented design engineer to join Solutions Group team based in Woburn, MA. The role involves working closely with major lighting OEMs and new ventures to design, develop and commercialize new concepts for architectural LED lighting products.
The successful applicant will have a busy, creative and wide reaching role in a fun, collegiate and ambitious multi-disciplinary team. Additional knowledge of lighting industry, LEDs and optical technologies will be considered a big plus.
What You Will be Doing
- Sketches, concept development, Solidworks design, 3D printing and rapid prototyping of new LED lighting concepts
- Working with leading lighting brands and OEMs on cutting edge new product designs to incorporate Fusion Optix LED engines and optics.
- Collaborating with Fusion Optix production and product design functions to help bring new products and technology to market quickly.
- Testing of customer products to show benefits of Fusion Optix technology and to make suggestions on potential areas for improvement.
- Collaboration with UL and other outside certification bodies to ensure compliance and adherence to safety and performance standards.
- Development of new product designs and detailed technical drawings using Solidworks (working with internal production team).
- Participating in production trials, pilot runs and development of quality plans for new products (collaboration with internal teams)
- Participation in project meetings, design reviews and customer presentations.
- Developing an understanding of design aesthetics and market drivers through interaction with agencies, architects, lighting designers and specifiers.
- Occasional travel to tradeshows, conferences, customer sites for demonstrations and project reviews.
Who You Are
- Ambitious and business minded industrial design engineers with strong communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial design, industrial engineering or mechanical engineering or related technical discipline.
- Min. 3 years in industrial design engineering role, ideally with project management responsibilities.
- Strong Solidworks and product design skills required.
- Knowledge of UL, CE and consumer product certifications a strong plus
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment a strong plus.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of LED lighting, electronics and optics a definite plus.
Fusion Optix is a world leader in LED light engines and optics. We design, develop and manufacture components and modules that are used in lighting fixtures, lamps and bulbs. We are a hard working, collegiate and international team that are revolutionizing the way people light their lives. Our compensation and benefits are designed to attract, reward and retain the best talent. We reward performance and In addition to competitive base salaries we offer bonuses and profit related pay. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Fidelity 401K with 6% company matching, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage. Our philosophy is to reward quality work, excellent customer service, high performing results and team building wherever we can, Fusion Optix promotes from within wherever possible.
Fusion Optix was recently voted by Red Herring as one of the Top100 most innovative companies in the Americas and listed by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing manufacturing company in the US. We have sold products to 40 countries worldwide and our customers include some of the world's most distinguished brands. We are recognized as industry leaders in optics and our patented innovations can be found in products used every day in business or the home. As well as, the demanding scientific, medical, military and aerospace applications. Our company headquarter is in Woburn MA where we house our main air conditioned cleanroom production operations.
Visit our website (http://www.fusionoptix.com) or follow us on twitter (@fusionoptix).
Sat, 22 Jul 2017 09:47:38 PDT