IT Structured Cabling Project Manager
Who we are:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. We're located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What your key responsibilities will be:
In this position, you will support field operations for copper and fiber infrastructure, leading the team of contract technicians completing the installations. You will work closely with customers internal to OIT, campus customers and consultants, project managers and contractors to assure timely completion of quality work activities and maintenance of our existing infrastructure. Among your varied responsibilities will be:
- Conducting regular site inspections of construction activity to ensure building code compliance, OIT standards, fire and safety standards and quality control standards.
- Lead support for copper, fiber and CATV cabling installations.
- Providing guidance to contractors or OIT technicians regarding best practices for completing fiber optic terminations and ensuring contractor compliance and continuity of services
- Reviewing design documents, project proposals and plans for upcoming projects and recommending changes where appropriate.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this positions starts at $55,000 depending on relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
What you should know:
Position requires a valid driver's license.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in telecommunications, information systems, engineering, or other related field. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
- At least 3 years' experience with structured cable and fiber optic installation, including:
- Performing field work and oversight related to communications projects, construction management, testing and acceptance.
- Conducting copper and fiber termination and testing
What you will need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and multi-task between multiple simultaneous projects.
- Knowledge of voice, data and CATV services.
What we'd like you to have:
- Familiarity with CU Boulder campus buildings.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 14, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-10521.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Engineering and Architecture/Physical Science and Engineering
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Aug 2, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 14, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00002566