Professional Temporary-Medical Receptionist
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs invites applications for a Medical Receptionist. This is a full time, Professional Temporary position.
This position is responsible for front office clinical activities that include: scheduling patient appointments, answering the telephone, providing responsive customer service, collecting co-payments, following billing and collection procedures, and maintaining/verifying patient demographic information in the EHR (electronic health record) including current active insurance and collecting and entering office visit transactions.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Answers phone and schedules appointments after triaging needs of patients for all Beth-El clinics (PCC, PNC, CAL).
- Updates waiting clients on the status of their appointment if they are waiting past their appointed time.
- Triages walk-in requests for appointments.
- Works with clinical team to triage walk-in requests for appointments.
- Communicates with insurance broker, third party administrator, and insurance carrier as questions and issues arise.
- Collects co-payments and complete daily cash up form.
- Enters payments into medical billing system daily.
- Assists director and office manager with marketing efforts when appropriate.
- Assists office manager with weekly deposit.
- Maintains up-to-date clinic forms.
- Responsible for entering written documentation related to patient care that is completed during the check in process.
- Assists patients and providers with medical record requests. Likewise, responsible for sending requested documents to other facilities with appropriately completed request.
- Assists with customer service initiatives within clinic to include distribution of survey and assistance with analysis of those surveys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organization, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments
- Ability to create Word documents
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to triage acute care versus routine care visits
- Able to remain calm in crisis/emergency situations
- Complies with all applicable patient privacy requirements and maintains patient confidentiality at all times
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Hourly Pay Rate: $13.50
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- High School diploma
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office
- One-year experience in customer service
- Experience with basic financial transactions
Special Instructions to Applicants:In preparation for completing your application, have you atttached your cover letter and resume? In order to submit your application, you will be required to attach these documents.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by August 17, 2017 will received full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Aug 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Paige Whitney
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00736665