Career Development Coordinator
Career Development Coordinator
300610 - Educational Programs-TCOM
The UNTHSC Office of Educational Programs is seeking a Career Development Coordinator to provide general career counseling to TCOM medical student population years I-II through various formats including individual meetings, small and large group presentations, seminars and workshops.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The Educational Programs Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Career Development Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Provide quality residency counseling & ensure residency counseling resources are available and accessible to TCOM medical students years I &II.
* Administer Careers in Medicine (CiM) access and implement CiM curriculum to OMS years I-IV.
* Conduct presentations and develop workshops that highlight key topics in relation to GME pursuit.
* Review required documents upon student request for residency application.
* Collaborate with UNTHSC medical student interest groups to develop specialty specific events/programming.
* Assist with other projects related to student match outcomes.
* Aid in career development activities of the Assistant Director.
* Actively engage with UNTHSC student medical interest groups to collaborate on specialty specific programming for TCOM medical student population.
* Advise students on issues such as course selection, progress toward graduation and career decisions.
* Organize career development workshops for students (i.e., resume writing, job search/interview skills, etc.).
* Organize career events and employer events.
* Verify and maintain graduate placement data.
* Complete reports as required by the university, state, federal and accrediting agencies.
* Coordinate Career Services projects and initiatives to provide students and alumni with quality career services support.
* Direct, coordinate and evaluate the activities of personnel, including support staff, engaged in administering academic institutions, departments or alumni organizations.
* Participate in student recruitment, selection, and admission and making admissions recommendations when required to do so.
* Formulate strategic plans for the institution.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in an educational or professional program environment, with an emphasis on day-to-day business operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Subject matter expert in resume/curriculum vitae, personal statement and cover letter writing and critique.
* Use of career counseling techniques to effectively advise students.
* Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate complicated and simplified concepts to various audiences. *Aptitude to build and maintain fruitful relationships with students, faculty and staff.
* Wide-spread knowledge of technical mediums.
* High level of professionalism and comfort interfacing with diverse audiences from a variety of educational and career backgrounds.
* Results and detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and follow through.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Academic Program Coordinator
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled