Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance
Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance
Senior Associate Director Athletics
Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some weekends and evenings
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Management of all compliance-related activities to meet NCAA, Conference USA, and University of North Texas requirements.
* Provides supervision to Assistant Director of Compliance and serves as a member of the athletic department senior staff.
* Responsibility of implementing strategic initiates and participating in long-range planning in the areas of compliance, financial aid, and recruiting.
* Serve as the primary contact for all NCAA compliance questions, interpretations, and waivers.
* Responsible for submitting violations and developing rules education on new bylaws, conference proposals, and autonomous legislation.
* Ensures compliance of all sports to NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
* Provides oversight of all strategic planning efforts in the areas of athletic recruitment, eligibility, and student-athlete compliance.
* Responsible for rules education and short/long term planning.
* Reviews, addresses, and follows up on eligibility records for recruits and students athletes which involves evaluating high school transcripts, processing transfer evaluations to admissions, contacting the NCAA Eligibility Center, and preparing official visit requests according to North Texas, NCAA and Conference USA rules.
* Researches and provides answers to questions and rule interpretations for coaches, staff and student-athletes.
* Responsible for submission and management of the waiver process. * Responsible for creation of policy manual for compliance-related rules, policies, forms, and procedures.
* Responsible for the student-athlete scholarship process to include housing/dining, stipend checks, COA, tuition payments, etc.
* Manages summer school and special session payments for all student-athletes.
* Responsible for monitoring, investigating and reporting any infractions identified by UNT coaches/staff.
* Meets regularly with the Athletic Director and University President on strategic initiatives and planning for athletic compliance-related activities.
* Assists with reporting for NCAA Statement of Revenues and Expenses, EADA, SAF/SOAF, and other financial reports as needed.
* Responsible for completion and submission of all mandatory NCAA, Conference USA and institutional reports: sports sponsorship and demographics, APR in coordination with Associate AD for Student Services, graduation rate data, etc.
* Updates and maintains the Compliance Assistant internet database.
* Assists with preparation and review of Squad Lists according to NCAA rules.
* Oversight of the Grants-in-Aid and National Letters of Intent program.
* Assists with the scholarship endowment and scholarship award process.
* Approves and monitors official visits and off-campus recruiting; manages the NCAA coach's exam process.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
* Extensive knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
* Strong planning and project management skills.
* Ability to direct and manage the work of others.
* Any specialize certification as requirement by the department.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting