Alumni Programs Coordinator
Salary: $40,300 - $59,800
Title: Alumni Programs Coordinator
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Alumni & Constituent Rel.
Date Posted: 08/02/2017
Position Information: Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement, for Alumni & Constituent Relations, the Alumni Programs Coordinator plays an integral role on the team that manages events, reunions and conferences and coordinates a wide range of programs including scholarships, constituent relations, career resources and philanthropic activities. Cover Letter required.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to interpret policies and procedures.
Written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including tact and political acumen to effectively represent the institution to a variety of constituencies.
Demonstrated ability to independently exercise discretion and sound judgment. Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information, issues and requests generated by campus executives, alumni, donors, and various internal/external constituencies.
Skill in performing basic bookkeeping/accounting transactions. Experience with processing routine financial accounting transactions with an online financial system.
Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
Analytical and critical thinking skills.
Applicable computer skills.
Organizational skills including skills to meet prescribed deadlines.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to present information clearly and logically. Demonstrated ability in the following areas: fast and accurate typing; accurate transcription of meeting minutes; editing and proofreading. Correct usage of the English language including spelling, grammar and punctuation
Preferred Qualifications: Proficiency in using the Internet to conduct research.
Ability to work independently with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
General knowledge of page layout software and design.
Knowledge of and experience with Raiser's Edge database.
Experience working in a fast paced, educational and/or nonprofit environment is highly desirable.
Intermediate proficiency in MS suite (Outlook, Word, Excel). Demonstrated experience with learning and adapting to new computer systems and office procedures. Prior experience with database applications.
Knowledge of UCR and UC administrative policies and procedures, particularly financial and purchasing.
Previous experience working in a university/college alumni relations office.
A minimum of two years' experience providing support to high level administrators including managing and coordinating meetings and events.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview