The Writer and Web Content Analyst provides support to the Marketing & Public Information Office through writing, editing and proofreading college news, print and electronic communication pieces and other promotional/informational materials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Skilled in writing, evaluating, and editing practices (AP Style), techniques, and methods.
- Knowledgeable about interviewing methods and techniques.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing and graphic design software and/or office technology preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient knowledge of social media avenues and options.
- Proficiency in all standard office functions- keyboarding, filing, and organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of internet searching and navigation.
- Communicate effectively and develop interpersonal relationships with a diverse audience.
- Interact appropriately with media personnel.
- Write/edit content, structure, and format a variety of materials.
- Operate essential equipment such as scanners and digital cameras.
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative teamwork environment.
- Plan and schedule project work to meet deadlines.
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred with an emphasis in journalism, communication, English, or related field preferred.
- Technical training or experience in journalism, communication or graphic design helpful.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- No major sources of discomfort, standard office environment.
- Regular exposure to video terminal displays.
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- 20 days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- 16 paid holidays per year
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes campus sites in Buffalo, Wyoming and its Spear-O-Wigwam Mountain Campus in the Big Horn Mountains.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu