Admissions Recruitment Advisor
The State University of New York (SUNY) is the largest public comprehensive university system in the United States, educating nearly 460,000 students in more than 7,500 degree and certificate programs on 64 college and university campuses and online through Open SUNY. SUNY students and faculty across the state make significant contributions to research and discovery, resulting in nearly $1 billion of externally-sponsored activity each year. There are 3 million SUNY alumni worldwide.
The State University of New York’s Welcome Center in NYC seeks an Admissions Recruitment Advisor. Reporting to the Director for the Center, the incumbent’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Regular travel throughout the New York City area to high schools, community based agencies and local college fairs. Occasional travel upstate and out of state may be required.
- Deliver information about SUNY college choice options and the application process to prospective students, families and school counselors. Conduct large group presentations, as well as individual meetings.
- Assist in the development and execution of successful recruitment programs.
- Provide assistance to visitors to the SUNY Information Center.
- Collect student inquiries. Track and evaluate recruitment activities using prospect management software.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required; experience in admissions or student affairs setting and extensive presentation skills preferred. Additional requirements include ability to work with culturally diverse populations; demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills; competent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office products; strong analytical abilities; and demonstrated experience working in a team environment to manage projects from inception to implementation. Must have the ability to prioritize time and activities, show initiative and handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates may apply online at www.suny.edu/SUPEmployment. Applications will be accepted until position is filled, but preference will be given to candidates who submit application materials by August 26, 2017.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org