Part-time Faculty, Multimedia & Instruction Librarian
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
Levin Library at Curry College seeks a skilled, experienced, and innovative librarian for a part-time appointment at the Associate Lecturer level beginning in fall 2017, to collaborate in the areas of information literacy instruction and multimedia creation for flexible content delivery and student access to learning.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Participation in library information literacy instruction team in both classroom and virtual environments;
- Supporting students with information literacy instruction through the production of digital tutorials and learning objects for online/hybrid/multisite courses using Panopto, Zoom, and/or similar content creation tools;
- Provide reference services and outreach;
- Serve as librarian liaison to specified departments as assigned.
- A Master’s in Library & Information Science (MLIS.)
- Minimum of 2+ year’s professional experience in an academic or research library setting.
- Course-embedded/course-dedicated information literacy teaching experience at the general undergraduate level and/or at the graduate level.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative academic library environment.
- Experience with learning management systems such as BlackBoard.
- Experience with media creation software such as Panopto a plus.
- Ability to represent library and college in professional and community settings.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested applicants must submit curriculum vitae, cover letter including a description of your teaching philosophy, and a copy of your unofficial transcript (an official transcript will be required upon acceptance of an offer of employment) and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.