Registrar - Enrollment Services
El Camino College
Registrar - Enrollment Services
Division: Enrollment Services
Close Date: 09/15/2017
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_classified
Under the direction of the Dean of Enrollment Services, plan, organize and coordinate the activities of admissions, registration, records, and evaluations for the college; supervise the process for transcript issuances, enrollment certifications, residency determination; coordinate registration and student records procedures and processes; supervise office staff and functions; oversee the evaluation of degree and certificate petitions and processes
• Plan, coordinate and supervise the activities of admissions, records, and registration, including the processes for determining residency, evaluation and issuance of transcripts and enrollment certifications, and review of student petitions and waivers.
• Develop, plan and coordinate the registration procedures for the District, including the preparation of registration data; prepare and distribute comparison reports reflecting application, records, and student registration statistics and other related reports as required.
• Maintain the on-line application, the on-line registration and student records files; maintain liaison with Information Technology Services staff regarding new and/or modified reports, programs and services.
• Develop and coordinate the admissions, records, and related sections of college publications including college catalog, class schedules, and home page.
• Oversees and participates in reviewing and processing General Petitions, Course Repetition Petitions, Renewal Petitions, and Residency Reclassification requests in accordance with District policies and procedures and State and Federal rules and regulations.
• Oversees and participates in reviewing and processing instructor grade changes and enrollment verifications.
• Responds to requests for information and advises students, faculty, staff, visitors, and other District departments of District admissions and records policies and procedures.
• Participate in federal, state and district audits. Develop counter and telephone schedules to ensure effective coverage and customer service.
• Supervise the maintenance, imaging, and storage of student records; oversee the distribution and collection of attendance and grade rosters.
• Interpret and apply State-mandated guidelines; recommend policies and procedures and guidelines.
• Oversee the evaluation of student records for meeting Associate Degree and Certification program changes, credit by exam, independent study, changing grades, etc.
• Supervise the verification process of various external organizations, courts and legal processes, and other governmental agencies as required.
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate assigned classified and hourly staff to ensure adequate coverage during peak periods.
• Assist with development and preparation of the department budget.
• Maintain communication with faculty, staff and other departments of the college and district in areas related to department functions.
• Perform other related job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• General regulations, laws and policies pertaining to California Community College admissions, registration and student records activities.
• Computerized student registration and student record files system.
• Policies and legal issues related to admission and attendance of students.
• English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Principles of supervision and training.
• Budgetary methods and procedures.
• Electronic data processing and records management systems, including but not limited to imaging systems, degree audits and online processing of forms.
• Modern office equipment and procedures; use of personal computers for typical office applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets and data base management.
• Supervise the admissions, records, registration and evaluation processes for a community college in an effective manner.
• Establish and implement an effective registration appointment calendar and schedule.
• Interpret college procedures and procedures related to admissions, records and registration issues.
• Assist students in resolving admissions, records, registration and evaluation problems such as schedule conflicts, program changes, credit by exam, individualized study and changing needs.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Oversee and maintain a registration and student record process.
• Plan, organize and complete assignments with a minimal amount of detailed instructions.
• Recommend and draft policies, regulations, rules, contracts, directives and technical materials.
• Read analyze and apply complex written materials.
• Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contracted in the course of work.
• Ability to work either morning or evening shift.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least three years progressive, responsible work experience in the area of student related services in an educational institution, including at least two years of supervisory or oversight experience.
Typical office setting.
Long periods of standing and sitting.
Frequently moves from one work area to another.
Interact with a variety of individuals.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is designated as regular, full-time, twelve-month administrative position. Excellent fringe benefits include eight 32-hour workweeks during the summer. Working hours will be Monday through Friday 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory employment verification, fingerprint check, and tuberculosis examination. The selected candidate must provide identification and work authorization. Physical standards for this position are listed above under working conditions.
An applicant must submit the following by the closing date:
1) Online application https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_classified
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE pdf document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
Please note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position(s) cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration.
lf you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3807 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Closing Date: Friday, September 15, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
El Camino College is an Equal Opportunity Employer