This position provides individual and group counseling support to the student population. The Counselor reports to the Director of Counseling. The Counselor will:
- Provide short-term personal counseling.
- Provide appropriate referrals and arrange for linkage with local hospitals when necessary.
- Provide “crisis intervention” for students self-referred or faculty referred to help resolve issues of a more immediate emotional or academic nature.
- Develop, implement and evaluate workshops, seminars and other activities which focus on the personal growth and development needs of the campus community.
- Develop and implement retention related programs/initiatives especially where such programs focus on the needs of the academically under-prepared, women, and minority students.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with faculty, staff and administrators to address students emotional and wellness issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with off campus agencies and professionals to support the mental health needs of students.
- Coordinate with other faculty and staff special events for student's wellness.
- Participate in department, division, and institutional assessment activities as required.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Counseling.
Starting salary $30 per hour
Education: Master's degree required in mental health counseling, counseling / clinical psychology, social work or equivalent.
Licensure: Must be licensed or license-eligible in the State of New York.
Experience: One to three years of related experience required. Knowledge of current counseling theories, applications, and practices is required.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas preferred:
- Psycho-educational assessments and report writing
- Sexual Assault
- Women's Issues
- Diversity/Multicultural Counseling
Applicants for this position should submit a current resume and a cover letter
To apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
DCC is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).
Posted 8/1/17- open until filled