Lead Electrician, Journeyman (17000507)
Lead Electrician, Journeyman (17000507)
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607
Leads the work of journey level Electricians and trades helpers, and participates in the repair, maintenance, inspection, and installation of systems and journey level crafts projects.
- Performs journeymen level electrical work in conjunction with other facilities staff
- Assigns and inspects the work of Electricians and trades helpers; initiates corrective actions to secure satisfactory standards and timely project completion
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules, and procedures for equipment maintenance
- Determines material and labor estimates
- Assists in performance evaluation process
- Participates in maintenance, repair, and installation duties in the trades
- Troubleshoots repairs, replaces and programs VFDs, MCC components and lighting controlsAssumes leadership role in the absence of supervision
- Monitors and oversees the daily activities of assigned support staff
- Provides technical leadership, assistance and on-the-job training for technical support staff
- Works collaboratively with administration, faculty and support personnel with regards to implementation and completion of campus projects
- Conveys technical/procedural information in a non-technical manner
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the trade
- Knowledge of all applicable codes, standards, and regulations
- Skill in installation, repair, and maintenance of all systems and assignments common to the trade
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements for work projects
- Familiar with building automation and energy management systems
- Skill in leading the work activities of self and others
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
- Experience with advanced technical training in facility mechanical, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, and minor carpentry systems
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and drawings
- Familiar with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and Trueview computer programs and operating systems
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling
- Picking, holding, or otherwise working, primarily with the whole hand
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in climate-controlled buildings, grounds, and parking garages with exposure to weather conditions
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of technical and/or supervisory experience in electrical trades or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be eligible for insurance coverage
- Must possess Electrical Journeyman license
- Master Electrician’s License
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacations days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.