Academic Math Tutor ( Part-Time)
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: TUTOR
- Job Type: Part-time
- Schedule: Evenings - various hours/days
- Position Location: Sturbridge, MA
The part-time Academic Tutor is responsible for providing direct and/or remedial educational support services for students in specific subject matter. Meet with students and assist in improving academic achievement to clarify learning deficiencies and work on study skills. Other assistance might include reviewing class material, discussing the text, predicting test questions, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems.
- Maintain familiarity with subject-area specific course content and syllabi.
- Assist students with understanding course content.
- Review student work and provide feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Track utilization by content area, weekly.
- Attend new student orientation and Resource Day upon request.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively in both an independent and team environment.
- Detail orientated with excellent follow-up and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and in alignment with the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations.
- Must project a positive, professional image.
- Willingness to work flexible including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity and respect.
- Experience effectively engaging backgrounds, identities and communities different from one's own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role of an Academic Tutor in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.