GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Academic Advisor provides academic advising, proctoring of exams, tutoring, and intake for disability services. This is a part-time position September 1, 2017 through December 17, 2017 and January 22, 2018 through May 18, 2018 with the following schedule: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 10:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m.; Thursday and Friday, 10:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. (these hours may vary based on student needs).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Provide academic advising and assist with course selection and registration.
2. Proctor exams and provide information to students with disabilities.
3. Provide tutorial assistance and academic coaching to students with disabilities.
4. Assist in administering oral and written exams to students with disabilities.
5. Assist students in the development of study and learning strategies and in using other academic support services (e.g., computer assisted instruction and other support services, as appropriate).
6. Consult with support staff, instructors and advisors regarding academic support for individual students.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in learning disabilities, education, counseling, student services, or other appropriate discipline.
2. College-level experience providing academic advising, tutoring, student support services, and/or related student services.
3. Knowledge of teaching or tutoring techniques.
4. Ability to tutor some academic subjects.
5. Strong interpersonal skills.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Prior work experience with students with disabilities.
2. Experience advising community college students.
4. Knowledge of instructional technology.
COMPENSATION: $28.29 per hour; not to exceed 18 hours per week. Appointment through May 18, 2018. Part-time, non-benefited, MCCC Unit Position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 22, 2017