Plant Production Manager
General Purpose of Job: Oversee and coordinate daily production requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining Food Safety and Food Quality
- Coordinate change-over requirements
- Manage and coordinate removal of waste containers on property.
- Investigate accidents resulting in damage or injury and take necessary preventative action.
- Maintain employee work habits at a suitable level.
- Plan and assign duties for production lines on a daily basis.
- Develop corrective action to keep production costs at an effective level.
- Review daily hourly production results and line efficiencies to ensure accuracy.
- Perform weekly caps & mustard ingredients inventory.
- Coordinate with temporary staffing agency the daily needs for production line help.
- Screen potential applicants for employment needs on production lines.
- Insure that all production employees are wearing personal protective equipment and following all safety rules and good manufacturing practices.
- Conduct new hire orientation for production employees to insure compliance with all rules and policies while employed. This also means insuring that all paperwork is signed by the new employee and that the employee understands all the policies.
- Insure compliance with HACCP program.
- Attend meetings to include but not limited to: monthly safety meetings, quarterly food security meetings, quarterly HACCP meetings and daily supervisor meetings.
- Notify scheduler if there are any shortages in production and the reason why.
- Coordinate with the scheduler to insure that there are adequate raw materials on hand to meet the following day's production requirements.
- Frequent climbing of stairs is required along with lifting (At least 50 Lbs) and moving of various materials required.
- HACCP duties as assigned
- Responsible for food safety and quality
- Responsible for immediately identifying non-conforming product or equipment to their supervisor at any step of the operation.
- When absent this position will be back filled by the Production Line Leader or as designated by the General Manager
Education and Experience:
Must have prior Management and Production Experience. Experience with Bottling equipment a Plus.
Company Profile: Pilgrim Foods manufactures Vinegar, Mustard and Apple Juice for many Northeastern in-store brands. The plant is fast-paced as we change from one brand to another keeping work challenging and productive. The company is family owned since 1941 and fosters a strong community of employees. The business employs about 50 full time and 20 temporary employees. The sales office is located in New York and the manufacturing facility is currently involved in a $2M renovation project to increase their capacity and productivity. The advantage of working for Pilgrim Foods is direct access to the top decision managers and the stability of a consistent business in a recession-proof industry.
Tue, 1 Aug 2017 06:03:04 PDT