Program Representative-Enrollment Counselor
This is the most exciting time to be working at University College at Azusa Pacific University! With our team of dedicated professionals and faculty, we are creating a new hope for the future by investing in lives through learning pathways that are Christ-centered, flexible and accessible.
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days PTO, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance.
POSITION: Program Representative-Enrollment Counselor
APPOINTMENT: Full Time, Regular Status
LOCATION: San Dimas, CA
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Program Representative will be responsible for recruiting students to enroll in Azusa Pacific University College’s online and campus based programs. Their primary purpose will be the conversion of inquiries to enrolled students while guiding the applicant through the admissions process to support UC’s enrollment, retention, and customer satisfaction goals.
Required Experience / Education
- Christian Commitment: vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of Azusa Pacific University College
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with adult learners
Desired Experience / Education
- Experience with accelerated online and campus-based degree programs preferred
- Recruiting and advising prospective adult students
- Professionally represent UC, academic programs, and services to prospective students and the community.
- Serve as the first point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students; providing consistent, accurate, and timely information about UC and its programs.
- Responsible for following up on leads generated through web and phone inquiries, web chats, events, webinars, and special promotional activities.
- Using consultative sales skills, develop relationships with prospective students and applicants in an effort to recruit the most qualified students for UC’s online and campus-based programs.
- Responsible for qualifying leads, conducting a needs assessment, and assisting prospective students through the completion of the application process and first session registration.
- Must be comfortable with accountability for meeting each enrollment session and annual recruitment goals.
- Maintain complete records of activities and submit routine reports as requested.
- Collaborate with staff to help attain common goals through participation in meetings, project teams, training, and planning activities.
- Utilize CRM system for proper tracking and accurate reporting of recruitment activities, and documenting contact with all prospective students and applicants.
- Develop and update knowledge on academic programs, features/benefits, student services, market conditions, and competitor activities.
- Provide guidance and serve as an enrollment liaison for applicants through the entire admissions process
- Adhere to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by their Senior Program Rep/Team Lead, or Director of Enrollment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational units specifically related to student recruitment and marketing
- Familiarity with an online education delivery model
- Knowledge of CRM database systems and Learning Management Systems
- Proven customer service record with culturally diverse and non-traditional students
- Strong command of the English language with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to plan and manage multiple projects concurrently in a timely manner
- Ability to be proactive, to work with little supervision and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of general office methods, procedures and practices
- Ability to maintain thorough recordkeeping systems and procedures
- Skill in the use of personal computers and appropriate software applications within online education (see below)
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission
- Ability to gather data, learn procedures, compile and retain information
- Ability to present self in professional a manner and reflect goals and standards of UC
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, have high level of initiative, and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment for extended periods of time
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers for an extended period of time on a computer monitor
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Word processing software—Microsoft Word
- E-mail software–Microsoft Outlook
- Course/Learning Management System—Moodle
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) –
- Presentation software—Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software—Microsoft Excel
University College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and University College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.